Dear Colleagues:

On behalf of my fellow conference organizers (Chris Yenkey, Tatiana Kostova and Gerald A. McDermott) and myself, I would like to invite you to submit a paper or panel proposal for and participate in our IB Frontiers Research Conference,  International Business in an Era of Institutional Disruption. (Please see attached CFP)

We will hold it Feb 1-3, 2018, at the Darla Moore School of Business in Columbia SC.  We will provide for meals and accommodations for those participants with accepted proposals. The deadline for your substantive proposal is now October 15, 2017.

This will be the first of regular  conferences or workshops that aim to stimulate cutting edge, inter-disciplinary thinking on key issues at the intersection of IB and institutional analysis, broadly construed.  To achieve those aims, we are trying to give the February event a more workshop feel with and emphasis on discussions of new ideas and broader perspectives.  Hence we ask at this stage for proposals to give you more flexibility, and we will try to make it a relatively small conference and with significant disciplinary diversity.

We also will have some special guests to debate one another on relevant topics.  We have already secured the participation of Prof. Mark Blyth of Brown University and Dr. Preston Keat of the international bank, UBS, to discuss the future of financial markets and the Euro.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Marc van Essen

Associate professor in international business

Academic director of the undergraduate international business program

Sonoco International Business Department

Moore School of Business

University of South Carolina

1014 Greene Street

Columbia SC 29208 USA