The Rugman Visiting Fellow for 2017-18

We are pleased to announce the Alan Rugman visiting fellow  for the 2017/18 academic year, hosted by the John H. Dunning Centre for International Business at the Henley Business School, University of Reading:

Paloma Almodóvar is Senior Lecturer in the Business Organization Department at the Complutense University of Madrid.  Her research interest is International Business, paying particular attention to regional/global strategies; performance of international firms; born-global firms; entry mode choices; and the impact of international activities on firms' innovation. Her work has been published in the British Journal of Management, International Business Review, International Marketing Review, Journal of Technology Transfer, and other outlets.

The Alan Rugman Visiting Fellowship was established in 2015. This is an annual award which honours the work of the late Professor Alan Rugman, and is therefore available to scholars whose work is explicitly linked to topics aligned with his academic interests. The award is in part available thanks to a donation from Helen Rugman in memory to her late husband.  Details on the programme can be found at: http://www.henley.ac.uk/school/page/ibs-fellowships/

Visiting fellows are expected to give at least one seminar, and to spend between 2 and 4 weeks in residence over an academic year (between September and June), and are seeking to develop joint research with our faculty.

Applicants must  be actively engaged in research. Unlike the Dunning Fellowship programme, we do not restrict applications to early- and mid-career, and applicants at any stage of their career may apply. However, we have a preference for those at an earlier stage of their career. I am sure you will join with me in congratulating Paloma.

Rajneesh Narula
The John H. Dunning Chair of International Business
Henley Business School

http://goo.gl/Jk8QCj