Pricing & Revenue Management in a Global and Multi-cultural Environment

Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management

In 2018, a special issue on “Pricingand Revenue Management in a Global and Multi-cultural Environment” will beguest edited by Dr. Stephan Liozu and Dr Hinterhuber. We invite the scientificand practicing community to submit abstracts by 1st September 2017 in order to be considered for publication.

Pricingis often consider a complex and challenging discipline due to the need forcollaboration between teams, the need for alignment between strategies andtactics, and the requirements for change management. Often though, this levelof complexity increases when strategies and tactics are designed and deployedat the global level where professionals from multiple cultures and countriesare involved. Pricing and revenue management teams have to handle thedifficulties related to languages, cultures, distances, norms, and hybrid organizationaldesign. This is a complaint that is often heard at pricing and revenuemanagement conferences. Strategies are designed at the central or global levelsbut often fail at the execution phase due to cultural and psychologicaldimensions. This is the heart of this special issue.

Thisspecial issue aims at putting global and multi-cultural dimensions in thespotlight so that they can better understood, adopted, and assimilated inorganizations. We welcome academic papers (qualitative, quantitative, mixedmethods), practitioner’s papers, case studies, and other relevant contributionto produce a ground breaking special issue dedicated to pricing and revenuemanagement in global and multi-cultural environment. Because we focus onadvances and developments, we will select papers based on the robustness of thesurvey methods, the contribution to the special issue mission, and the noveltyand innovativeness of the findings.

Recommendedtopic areas to consider for inclusion in this special issue include, but arenot limited to, the following:

   - The impact of pricing and revenue management programs in a global context.

   - Managing cultures in pricing and revenue management strategies and tactics.

   - Designing and deployment value-based pricing in a global enterprise.

   - Designing and managing global pricing and revenue management strategies

   - The influence of local and regional cultures on the psychology of pricing.

   - Best practices in developing pricing and revenue management competences and skills in a global context.

   - Influences of language barriers and cultural norms in the deployment of pricing and revenue management programs.

   - Designing best in class pricing and revenue management organizations in a global context.

   - Globalization and regionalization influences on pricing strategies and tactics.

   - The challenges of executing global pricing and revenue management strategies at the local levels (glocal approach).

Allsubmitted academic papers and empirical contributions need to be framed withinthe context of pricing and revenue management in general. We do not wish topublish narrow papers that are only focused on one activity within the pricingmethodology. Because this special issue is also aimed at a practitioner’saudience, we wish to contextualize all papers within the wide pricing andrevenue management practices.

Adviceabout the suitability of papers and other enquiries can be sent to:

StephanM. Liozu, Ph.D.                                                        AndreasHinterhuber, Ph.D.

[log in to unmask]                                                                    [log in to unmask]

http://static.springer.com/sgw/documents/1603667/application/vnd.ms-word/RPM+Call.doc
  Andreas HinterhuberPartner, Hinterhuber & PartnersStrategy Pricing LeadershipInnsbruck, AustriaPhone: +43 664 402 7 [log in to unmask]

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.