​​Greetings!

The Australia and New Zealand Chapter of the Academy of International Business (AIB-ANZ) will hold its annual Research Symposium and PDW on 10th and 11th November 2017, in Dunedin, New Zealand. We will be joined by Professor Eleanor Westney, who will serve as our keynote speaker for the symposium and a mentor for the PDW.

The research symposium, on Friday, 10th November, will give you the chance to present – and receive feedback on – work in progress pertaining to all aspects of IB. To benefit from this opportunity, you only need to submit an extended abstract of up to 750 words.

More developed paper drafts will also benefit from the PDW, which will take place on Saturday, 11th November. Facilitated by experienced IB researchers, the PDW will help you to refine and develop your paper, in order to make it more submission-ready. The timing of the PDW means that you will have time to incorporate the feedback received ahead of the submission deadline of 28th November 2017 for the 2018 AIB annual conference, which will take place in Minneapolis, MN, USA. Submissions for the PDW should follow, broadly, the Journal of International Business Studies format (abstract of no more than 200 words and manuscript of no more than 10,000 words, inclusive of all references and tables).

There is no registration fee for the research symposium or the PDW for current AIB members. The cost for non-AIB members will be US$75 for full-time students and US$150 for other participants... so it makes the most sense to take the more economical route of joining the AIB and attending the AIB-ANZ event at no cost!

Submission deadline:       Monday, 4th September 2017
Outcome notification:       Monday, 18th September 2017

For questions and submissions, please contact me ([log in to unmask]). Welcome to Dunedin in November!

With best regards,
Beth