Dear Colleagues,

Perhaps the opportunity described below might be of interest ?

Best regards,

Dr. J. Mark Munoz
Professor of Management and International Business
Millikin University
Tel (217) 433-1425

Assistant/Associate Professor of Finance/Economics - Tenure Track

Millikin University’s Tabor School of Business invites applications for a full-time, tenure track, position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor effective August 2018. Qualifications are PhD or DBA in Finance with an emphasis in Corporate Finance.  ABD’s will be considered.  Candidates must be committed to excellence in teaching, maintain an active scholarship in their field and support service to the university.

We are seeking a broadly trained scholar who can teach undergraduate level courses in Finance.  A demonstrated interest in teaching International Finance and Portfolio Analysis would be a plus.

Candidates are expected to embrace a teaching philosophy grounded in experiential learning consistent with an institution that extensively engages both its faculty and students in external based learning. Student mentoring is an important part of the faculty’s teaching.

The Tabor School of Business offers a comprehensive business curriculum with six ACBSP accredited undergraduate degrees in the major functional areas, a leadership-focused MBA, and an evening accounting program. Our graduates’ placement rate is outstanding.  We strongly advocate Performance Learning education through internships, client-based activities, student consulting, and international opportunities with our international partners.  Our Center for Entrepreneurship is nationally recognized as a leader that includes an Arts and Entrepreneurship program. The Center provides faculty a wealth of opportunities for scholarly research, student projects, and consulting opportunities.  The Tabor School has close relationships with the business community that includes local Fortune 100 firms and numerous entrepreneurs.

Millikin University is a vibrant, comprehensiveinstitution with 2100 students, four colleges or schools; Arts and Science, Tabor School of Business, Professional Studies, and Fine Arts.  The University has two professional graduate and several adult evening programs.  Millikin takes pride in preparing students for professional success, democratic citizenship in a global environment, and a personal life of meaning and value.

Applicants should send curriculum vitae, three references letters, and a teaching philosophy statement, applications should be submitted electronically at <http://millikin.edu/employment>

Review of applications will begin 15 September and will continue until the position is filled.  Address inquires and applications to Dr. Larry Stapleton, Divisional Chair – Accounting, Economics, Finance and Management, Millikin University, 1184 W Main Street, Decatur, Illinois 62522.  E-mail lstapleton@millikin.edu; phone 217-424-6361.

Employment and first day of work is contingent upon successful completion of background check.Millikin is an EO/AA employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.

www.millikin.edu/tabor/

Sent from my iPhone