Hi all,

I wanted to share with you a unique opportunity to learn about agroecology
in
Cuba. Learning about Cuba from Cubans and alongside a Food First researcher/
fellow, you will meet with farmers, professors, government representatives,
and educators to see firsthand what happens when national policy prioritizes
agroecology.

Traveling to Havana, Pinar del Rio, and Matanzas, this tour takes you across
the island of Cuba to learn about the institutions and resources put into
place to make this dramatic shift possible. From Cubans themselves you will
learn of their resistance and struggle to take control of their food system
in
the face of being excluded from the global market.

Dates: November 10 - 19, 2017
For more infomation visit: https://foodfirst.org/cubafst/

Food First's Food Sovereignty Tours take you to international destinations
explore local food systems and their fight for food sovereignty.
Scholarships
are also available so please email me for more information! Also, space is
limited.

Thank you, and we hope to see some of your applications!

In solidarity,
Marina Vergara

--
Marina Vergara
Food Sovereignty Intern

[image: http://foodfirst.org/get-involved/support-ff/become-a-member/]

*The mission of Food Sovereignty Tours is to build the global movement for
food sovereignty through solidarity travel and immersion learning. Food
Sovereignty Tours is a project of Food First/Institute for Food and
Development Policy, called one of the country’s “most established food
think tanks” by the New York Times.*