---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, May 30, 2017 at 3:27 PM
Subject: Lecturer/Clinical Asst. Prof - Geospatial Analysis Ed.
Coordinator, Boise State University
To: [log in to unmask]

Job Description - Geospatial Analysis Education Coordinator

Boise State University seeks a Lecturer or Clinical Assistant Professor to
serve as a Geospatial Analysis Education Coordinator beginning Fall 2017.
The position includes teaching and administration of Boise State
University’s growing geospatial program, including new online options. The
position will have the opportunity to interface with students from a
variety of units across campus (Geosciences, Biology, School of Public
Service, Engineering, Anthropology, etc) and with faculty teaching and
researching in the geospatial sciences. We seek a qualified individual who
can work across the academic and professional boundaries for the benefit of
the students.

Job Duties:

   - Teach geospatial courses, in person and online, including Introduction
   to GIS
   - Utilize best practices to develop online courses in geospatial sciences
   - Coordinate geospatial curriculum across campus

   - Serve as liaison for Boise State’s graduate GIS certificate, GIS minor
   and proposed new online programs.
   - Serve as a liaison for students with local and national geospatial
   organizations to promote workforce development and connect students with
   training and employment opportunities
   - Organize, as appropriate, workshops and training opportunities to
   increase education of geospatial programs in the Treasure Valley, Idaho

Qualifications:
The minimum requirements are an MS (Lecturer) or PhD (Clinical Assistant
Professor) degree in Geography or related discipline. Professional/industry
level experience is considered a plus. In addition, a Certified Geographic
Information Systems (GIS) Professional qualification will be considered
favorably. The ability to use spatial datasets from various social and
physical sciences is essential.

If you are interested in this position:  Please submit in one PDF document:
a cover letter, CV, evidence of teaching effectiveness, if available, and
contact information for a minimum of three professional references.  In the
cover letter, you should address the following items in this order: 1) your
qualifications for this position, including evidence of excellence in
teaching; 2) your vision in developing a geospatial education program at
Boise State; and 3) your interest and commitment to diversity and inclusion.

Apply here: https://boisestate.taleo.net/careersection/exfac/jobdetail.
ftl?job=170501&tz=GMT-06%3A00

Screening of applicants will begin June 15 and will continue until the
position is filled.

David E. Wilkins
Associate Professor
Department of Geosciences
Boise State University
Boise, Idaho  83725-1535
web: http://earth.boisestate.edu/home/dwilkins
208-426-2390 <(208)%20426-2390> campus
208-850-7786 <(208)%20850-7786> voice

*I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.*
Edna St. Vincent Millay