The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Department of Management

Open Rank Tenured and Tenure-track Faculty Positions

Established in 1991, the HKUST Business School is recognized globally as one of the world’s best business schools. Our Executive MBA Program, offered jointly with the Kellogg School of Management, has been ranked No. 1 by the Financial Times in its 2016 EMBA global rankings, marking the program’s twelve consecutive years in the top three in the ranking since 2005. Our MBA program has been ranked No. 1 in Asia Pacific and No. 14 globally in the 2016 Financial Times MBA rankings.

The Department of Management at HKUST aims to continue as a leading intellectual center for management research and education. The university provides a supportive research and teaching environment with attractive research funding, strong teaching support staff and leading-edge facilities. The Department has a group of productive faculty members with great enthusiasm in conducting high quality research, which is regularly published in premier management journals. Please browse our department website (www.bm.ust.hk/mgmt/) for information about the faculty, our teaching, current research programs, and our research centers.

Applications and nominations are now invited for 3 faculty positions at all levels (tenured and tenure-track) in the macro area (e.g., strategy, entrepreneurship, innovation, international management, and organization theory) and 1 faculty position at the senior level in the micro area (e.g., business ethics, human resource management, and organizational behavior). Applicants for assistant professor positions should have an earned doctorate in a relevant discipline (upon appointment) and demonstrated research potential. Demonstrated capacity for quality teaching is also required. For fresh assistant professors, the teaching load is 2-0 in the first year and 3-0 afterwards. For senior positions, a strong record of published research in premier management journals and a record of teaching in MBA/EMBA programs are required. Appointment with tenure requires formal review. The language of instruction at HKUST is English.

Interested candidates are invited to email a letter of application and curriculum vitae to Daphne Cheung at [log in to unmask]. Three reference letters should be sent by emailing to the address above or by mail to: MGMT Recruiting, Department of Management, LSK Business Building, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Review of applications begins on September 1, 2017 and will continue until the positions are filled. A special note for those attending this summer’s Academy of Management meeting in Atlanta, Georgia: Candidates should send a CV to [log in to unmask]" class="">[log in to unmask] by July 15, 2017 to schedule a possible interview at the conference.