Dear AIB Colleagues,

On the eve of this year's annual conference, with the theme 'The
contribution of MNEs to building sustainable societies', I would like to
alert you to a soon to be published special edition of *Transnational
Corporations* co-edited by Caroline Witte and John Dilyard on 'The
Contribution of Multinational Enterprises to the Sustainable Development
Goals'. As is evidenced by the many sessions and papers related to
sustainable development that will be presented in Dubai, this is an
important and growing area of inquiry.  Several of the authors of papers in
the special issue will in fact be at the conference.  Although a
publication date has not yet been set, Prof. Witte and I wanted to alert
you about it.  Our hope is that the topics in the special issue will spark
additional research agendas.  For reference, the papers and their authors
are listed below.

"Multinational enterprises and the Sustainable Development Goals: what do
we know and how to proceed?"  by Ans Kolk, Arno Kourula and Niccolò Pisani

"Exploring the Interface of CSR and the Sustainable Development Goals" by
Norma Schönherr, Florian Findler, and André Martinuzzi

"The multinational and the legitimation of sustainable development"  by
William J. Donoher

"Corporate sustainability assessments: MNE engagement with sustainable
development and the SDGs"  by Cheree Topple, Jerome D Donovan, Eryadi K.
Masli and Thomas Borgert

"MNE Subsidiaries’ Adoption of Gender Equality and Women Empowerment Goal:
A Conceptual Framework" by Jane Lai Yee Terpstra-Tong

"Microfinance for poverty alleviation: Do transnational initiatives
overlook fundamental questions of competition and intermediation?" by
Frithjof Arp

"Under African skies: mining TNCs in Africa and the Sustainable Development
Goals"  by W. Travis Selmier II and Aloysius Newenham-Kahindi

We will let you know when the issue is published.

Best,

John Dilyard and Caroline Witte

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.