Dear AIB members,

I'd like to bring to your attention a new international business textbook, “Global Business: Connecting Theory to Reality,” recently published by Routledge.

Given the abundance of choices on the market, we attempt to introduce an ideal textbook that presents a balanced coverage of both theory and practice.  It is designed to help students understand up-to-date key issues and topics in international business through an illustration with real-world cases as well as a concise and critical overview of the field. Accordingly, this textbook allows instructors to adopt an application-oriented pedagogical approach that facilitates interactive learning rather than a prescriptive approach that often makes it difficult for students understand unfamiliar and complex concepts in the field of international business.

Specifically, this book features more than 60 interesting cases that exemplify recent issues and topics of importance in international business on trade, foreign direct investment, marketing, global talent management, etc. Each case is prepared to demonstrate a particular theory or a concept in international business. Through focused yet ample cases of contemporary international business and succinct summaries of main concepts or theories, this textbook will help students bridge the gap between theory and practice and deepen their knowledge.

We hope that you will be able to have a chance to review the book and consider it for your class.

For more detail, please refer to the following link: https://www.routledge.com/Global-Business-Connecting-Theory-to-Reality/Paik-Kwon-Chen/p/book/9781138223639

Thank you!

Yongsun

Yongsun Paik, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Asian Business
Professor of International Business & Management
Department of Management
College of Business Administration
Loyola Marymount University
1-310-338-7402 (Tel)
1-310-338-3000 (fax)
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://cba.lmu.edu/centers/centerforasianbusiness/staff/
http://cba.lmu.edu/faculty/?expert=yongsun.paikphd

Please contact

Yongsun Paik, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Asian Business
Professor of International Business & Management
Department of Management
College of Business Administration
Loyola Marymount University
1-310-338-7402 (Tel)