Dear Colleagues,

We’re preparing a panel proposal on “Teaching IB Through Experience” for the upcoming 2017 AIB-SE Conference in Washington, DC (Oct 26-29). The formal abstract for the panel session proposal is further below.

This will be the fifth time we organize the panel. Each year, up to a dozen educators who use experiential learning techniques in their International Business/Marketing/Management courses share their experiences and tips.

If you use exercises, activities, simulations, games, collaborative projects, or other experiential tools in your courses, please join us as a co-panelists/co-presenter.

Based on this panel we have already published the Palgrave Handbook of Experiential Learning in International Business (http://www.palgrave.com/us/book/9781137467706). It’s been several years and we are considering publishing Volume 2, so please take this conference opportunity as a step towards a book chapter authorship.

If you would like to share your experience with experiential learning in IB, please submit the following information:

1.                   A 300-500 words summary of your presentation
It must briefly describe your experiential learning project or activity, what it is, how you do it, what you learned in the project, tips and suggestions for educators interested in using the technique or developing as similar tool.
Please no more than 500 words, as your submission will be only a small part of the larger panel session proposal.

2.                   Full legal name:

3.                   Academic title:

4.                   E-mail:

5.                   Full name of our university:

6.                   Country:

7.                   Address:

Email to [log in to unmask] by Tuesday, June 13, 5 pm EST .

ABSTRACT:

Experiential learning (EL) is a “hot” topic in International Business and Cross-Cultural Management Education (IB-CCM). However, the use of experiential learning approach is limited due to a lack of information about existing tools and projects and how they can be incorporated in the curriculum. The proposed panel will bring together academics who have developed and successfully used various experiential learning projects in IC-CCM education programs. The goals of the panel are to share information about the existing EL projects, share experiences, discuss challenges and best practices of using EL to improve IB-CCM education, provide a networking opportunity for academics interested in the EL approach, and discuss how this panel can contribute to further discussion on the role of EL in IB-CCM education, possibly through special issues on EL in academic journals, targeted conferences and seminars, and better research on the issue. A similar panel at an AIB conference several years ago led to a publication of the Palgrave Handbook of Experiential Learning in IB. We are now thinking about publishing the second volume of the book, so the panel will serve a meeting point for the initial pool of chapter authors.

Dr. Vas Taras

Associate Professor
X-Culture Project Founder and Coordinator

Bryan School of Business and Economics
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
349 Bryan
POB 26165, Greensboro, NC 27402-6165
336-256-8611
www.X-Culture.org