Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Strategy

The Ohio University Department of Management in the College of Business invites applications for one or more tenure-track Assistant Professor of Strategy beginning in August 2018. We are looking for student-centered, research-active, innovative faculty members who would be able to teach a writing-intensive undergraduate capstone course in Business Strategy, to teach graduate level Strategy courses in one or more of our MBA programs, and to teach courses in either International Business, Entrepreneurship, or Strategic Leadership.  All applicants must have a track record of successful teaching in the designated areas and an active research agenda underway. Experience teaching graduate students preferred, but not required.  Experience with on-line or blended teaching desirable, but not required.  Ohio University’s College of Business is accredited by the AACSB. We offer a BBA with a range of majors, all of which require completion of the Strategy capstone course.  Our department has majors and Certificate programs in Entrepreneurship, International Business, and Management & Strategic Leadership. We also have a range of graduate programs that require equivalent courses. Tenure track faculty members have a normal teaching load of 5 courses per year, with typical section sizes of 40. For early career hires (fresh from PhD programs or 1 year out), the teaching load can be reduced for the first two years to 4 courses.  Salaries for the appointment are competitive based on AACSB metrics.

Ohio University’s College of Business was ranked #15 among the best public schools of business by Bloomberg Business Week. The College of Business and the Management Department take pride in the ongoing success of our problem-based curriculum, our innovative, student-centered faculty, and our outstanding relationships with employers and alumni. The undergraduate business curriculum emphasizes applied learning and student engagement.  We place a strong emphasis on high quality and innovative teaching. We offer a highly collegial atmosphere and strong support services for both students and faculty.

Ohio University has a vibrant residential campus that attracts top quality students. Athens, Ohio, is a quintessential college town. We are located in picturesque Athens, OH, which provides a classic residential learning environment for over 20,000 students on the main campus and is a family-friendly and culturally rich community located amidst scenic state and national parks, just 75 minutes southeast of Columbus, Ohio.

Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please contact Dr. Gary Coombs, out-going Chair of the Management Department (740-593-9322 or via email at [log in to unmask]) Dr. Luke Pittaway, in-coming Management Department Chair (740-593-2022 or via email at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>), or Dr. J. Michael Geringer, recruiting committee Chair (740-593-2036 or via email at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) with any questions concerning this position. More information about Ohio University is available at http://www.ohio.edu and highlights of the College of Business experience are available at http://www.cob.ohio.edu.  The application process will be managed through our on-line Human Resources portal at https://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/.  In your cover letter, please indicate if you will be attending the Academy of Management meetings in Atlanta.  Also, please indicate if you would have any possibility of starting in January of 2018 if necessary, though this is not a requirement.

Ohio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Qualifications: Candidates must possess a doctorate or equivalent degree in strategy, or be ABD with an expected completion date prior to the August 2018 start date, from an AACSB or equivalently accredited institution, have experience successfully teaching relevant courses, and a demonstrated research track record.

J. Michael (Mike) Geringer, Ph.D.
O'Bleness Professor of International Strategy and Director of Research

Copeland Hall 626
College of Business
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701 USA