For students interested in a PhD in Science Education
> Begin forwarded message:
>

> Washington State University
> Pullman Campus
> Research Assistant, Ph.D. in Mathematics and Science Education
>
> Washington State University is pleased to announce the availability of a doctoral student assistantship related to the Mathematics and Science Education PhD program. The appointment begins in Fall 2017 and the program is currently accepting applications. Program and assistantship details are below.
> —

Washington State University

Pullman Campus

Research Assistant, Ph.D. in Mathematics and Science Education

Washington State University is pleased to announce the availability of a doctoral student assistantship related to the Mathematics and Science Education PhD program. The appointment begins in Fall 2017 and the program is currently accepting applications. As a student in this program you will have opportunities to:

·             work with nationally and internationally recognized faculty with specific areas of expertise (e.g., STEM education, informal learning, scientific and mathematical argumentation, student learning, teacher development, and equity) who provide personal mentoring and instruction,

·             collaborate with students and faculty across four university locations, giving you access to a wide variety of school contexts,

·             examine research in both mathematics and science education, allowing you to focus on an individual discipline or an integrative STEM approach,

·             work with faculty on research and professional development projects with local K-12 schools and state-wide agencies,

·             impact K-12 schools and teachers through your own research.

We seek students who show a commitment to educational research in mathematics and/or science education, and who have familiarity with K-12 school and other relevant educational contexts. The program includes a blend of coursework, professional experiences, and both collaborative and individual research.

Qualifications for the Research Assistant position include admission to the program and appropriate prior educational experience. Preference is given to individuals with demonstrated excellence in teaching and at least rudimentary research experience. The assistantship is a 1-year position that provides full-time student tuition waiver as well as stipend, with a possibility for continued support for additional years, subject to the availability of funding. Duties include assisting research faculty in the College of Education with research-related activities. The assistantship, which resides on the Pullman campus of WSU, requires:

·             Full-time enrollment in the Math & Science Education PhD

·             Ability and willingness to assist with various aspects of educational research projects, including but not limited to data collection and analysis, literature reviews, and the preparation of publications and presentations.

·             The requisite dispositions, knowledge, and time allowances for academic success and full-time doctoral student enrollment

Pullman is located in southeastern Washington State, within the Palouse region of the Pacific Northwest.

Program details and Student Handbook can be found at: https://education.wsu.edu/graduate/mathematicsandscienceed/ <https://education.wsu.edu/graduate/mathematicsandscienceed/>

Questions on the application process should be directed to Nick Sewell, Academic Coordinator, at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> or 509-335-7016.  Application materials are at:  https://education.wsu.edu/students/apply/ <https://education.wsu.edu/students/apply/>

Further inquiries on the program can be sent to David Slavit, Director of the WSU Mathematics and Science Education Ph.D., at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> or 360-546-9653.