From: Keith Norris <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, March 31, 2017 at 1:21 PM
To: Keith Norris <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: The Wildlife Society - Wildlife Policy Internship Announcement

Dear TWS Student Chapter Presidents and Advisors -

The Wildlife Society is currently accepting applications for Wildlife Policy Interns. These are 6-month paid internships that run from July-December 2017.  It offers a great opportunity for a current student or recent graduate of wildlife, natural resources, policy, and/or related programs to get hands-on experience in DC, build relationships in the conservation community, and support wildlife professionals in achieving science-based management and conservation.

Our ideal candidates have a strong wildlife education, previous engagement with TWS (student chapter/chapter/conference/etc.), demonstrated leadership and communication skills, and an interest in supporting the wildlife profession in the policy arena.

We offer great exposure to a wide-breadth of wildlife policy issues, excellent networking with wildlife professionals across TWS and policy folks in DC, and opportunity to develop writing/communication and collaboration skills.

Information on specific duties and qualifications is included in the attached PDF, and more information on TWS' Government Affairs program is available at www.wildlife.org/policy<http://www.wildlife.org/policy>.

Applications must be submitted by 30 April 2017.  Please share widely and contact me if you have any questions.

Best,

Keith

Keith Norris, AWB®
Director of Government Affairs & Partnerships
The Wildlife Society
425 Barlow Place, Suite 200
Bethesda, MD 20814
301.897.9770 x309