Dear Academic Colleagues

SAJHRM is a peer-reviewed scholarly outlet for publications on HRM in and
out of South Asia. It includes countries that are members of the South
Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC), namely, Afghanistan,
Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. It is
published by Sage, a well-known publisher of over 1000 journals across its
global network. SAJHRM has now entered the 4th year of publication with 2
issues per year. Please visit the journal web site at
http://journals.sagepub.com/home/hrm

The Editorial Team consists of six associate editors and Editor-in-Chief.
The Advisory Board members of the journal include well-known academic
experts, such as Prof. Dave Ulrich, from around the world and industry
practitioners from the South Asian region (
https://au.sagepub.com/en-gb/oce/south-asian-journal-of-human-resources-management/journal202252#editorial-board).
The journal today attracts over 100 submissions per year with an acceptance
rate of 15.5%. This demonstrates not only the increasing visibility of the
journal in the academic community but also the stringent quality
requirements put in place by the editorial team. As a result, the journal
was recently listed under the Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC)
Journal Ranking System, 2016 interim review. We intend making a strong case
for upgrading the journal ranking during the 2017 full review of ABDC.

One of the main reasons for the success of the journal is the peer
reviewers who are the gate keepers of quality. Until now, the editorial
team has been approaching prospective reviewers on a case by case basis.
With the recent automation of the peer review system, we would now like to
set up a Board of Reviewers with the understanding that *each reviewer will
review up to 3 papers per year.* Accordingly, we are approaching
prospective reviewers with a request to become a member of the Board of
Reviewers.  They need to have a PhD degree in the field of Human Resources
(HR) and Organisational Behaviour (OB) areas with a decent publication
record (minimum 3 papers published in ABDC-listed journals). Knowledge of
South Asia is preferable but not essential.

As a reviewer, you will evaluate a research paper allocated to you by an
associate editor on the criteria specified in the evaluation form and
provide feedback with a recommendation to accept, reject or revise and
resubmit. We request reviewers to submit their reviews online within 4
weeks of receiving a review request. If the reviewer is not available for
review or requires more time, the same can be communicated via the
automated review system.

The journal will prominently feature the list of reviewers, both in print
and online editions. We have instituted an annual ‘Excellence in Peer
Review Awards’ scheme to recognise and celebrate quality reviews. The award
recipients get an e-certificate and free access to the online version of
the journal for a year. The editor is happy to issue a letter of
commendation to reviewers for the purpose of promotion etc. More
importantly, by making your contribution as a reviewer, you stay current in
your field of expertise and contribute to advancement of knowledge. By
helping others improve their research paper, you will further improve your
own research skills and knowledge.

Please send your expression of interest to the editor, Dr Mohan Thite at
[log in to unmask] with your full name, current position, university,
academic qualifications, list of publications and experience with academic
review. Once approved, you will get an acceptance letter and a request to
enter your details in the automated system.

We are a young journal with a dream to build a world-class academic
journal. We invite you to join us in fulfilling this dream. This is an
ongoing call. Please circulate among your academic network.

--

*Dr. Mohan Thite *Associate Professor in HRM

Founding Editor-in-Chief, South Asian Journal of HRM (ABDC ranked Sage
publication)

Department of Employment Relations & Human Resources, Griffith Business
School

Griffith University
170 Kessels Road, Nathan QLD 4111

Brisbane, Australia
Phone: +61 7 3735 7643 <+61%207%203735%207643>; Mobile: +61 405 388 051
<+61%20405%20388%20051>
Email: [log in to unmask]
Griffith Experts: https://experts.griffith.edu.au/academic/m.thite

ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mohan_Thite