X:\Emma\new emerald logo 2017.jpg

Call for Submissions

Research in Global Strategic Management - Volume 18 (2018)

Global Aspects of Reputation and Strategic Management

Volume Editors:

David Deephouse (University of Alberta)

Naomi Gardberg (Baruch College, City University of New York)

William Newburry (Florida International University)

Despite an extensive literature on the antecedents and consequences of reputation at the firm level (e.g., Fombrun, 1996), literature examining the intersection of country-level factors and firm reputation remains relatively underdeveloped. This void exists even though reputation commonly is described as being socially constructed based on expectations regarding firm behavior (e.g., Rindova & Martins, 2012). These expectations often are shaped by various aspects of societal culture (e.g., Deephouse, Newburry & Soleimani, 2016).

Thus, our grasp of reputation as a strategic asset would benefit from a better understanding of how country-level factors influence reputation development as well as how reputation obtained in one context can be transferred to another. The 2018 volume of Research in Global Strategic Management will focus on global aspects of reputation in strategic management. We invite submissions that provide theoretical or empirical answers to such questions as:

Potential authors are also encouraged to consider other questions that relate to the broadly defined area of reputations in a global setting. We hope the volume will provide a forum for thought-provoking theory, literature reviews, and empirical research. We are open to submissions using different methodological approaches.

Submission Information

If you are interested in being involved in this volume, please send a proposal (5 single-spaced pages, including a title page with all author details) to [log in to unmask] by June 30, 2017.

All submissions must represent original research not previously published elsewhere. Submissions will be subject to in-depth review.

Initial submission deadline: June 30, 2017.
Feedback on initial submissions: July 30, 2017.
Submission deadline for full papers: October 30, 2017.
Projected volume publication: Spring/Summer 2018.

Further series information can be found at: http://www.emeraldinsight.com/series/rgsm