Dear colleagues,

We are excited to introduce a new book titled “Leadership of Chinese Private Enterprises: Insights and Interviews”!   This book is suitable for teaching a course related to conducting business in China at the undergrad, MBA, and executive levels, and is also a great source for doing research on Chinese leadership and entrepreneurship. We hope that you will find it a great read! Below is a brief description of the book and a 20% discount code, good till the end of August.

We will have a symposium at the 2017 Academy of Management to discuss the research leading to this book, sponsored jointly by the IM, MED and Career divisions. We look forward to seeing you there.

Sincerely,

Anne Tsui, Yingying Zhang, and Xiao-Ping Chen

Leadership of Chinese Private Enterprises: Insights an d Interviews
Series: Palgrave Studies in Chinese Management
This original book presents in-depth research into thirteen successful Chinese private enterprises through interviews with their founder-entrepreneurs. While Chinese economic growth has focused primarily on governmental policies and institutional factors,Leadership of Chinese Private Enterprises proposes that the success of these firms was primarily due to the ‘visible hands’ of these entrepreneurs. The authors present insights into the managerial realities of four separate industries- Financial and insurance, IT and e-commerce, construction and real estate, and consumer goods. Through a critical evaluation of interviews, this book identifes the managerial recipe fo r entrepreneurial success in competitive and inhospitable environments and offers a model of private rm leadership and leadership principles that guide their strategies and relationships.

Special offer Get 20% off the printed book or eBook!Use the following token on palgrave.com
palgrave.com
Palgrave Macmillan is a global academic publisher, serving learning and scholarship in higher education and the professional world

PM17TWENTY (Valid 04/01/2017 - 08/ 31/2017)