MISSION-DRIVEN APPROACHES IN MODERN BUSINESS EDUCATION
Book Edited by Brent Smith, PhD (Saint Joseph's University, USA)

Call for Chapter Proposals | Extended Deadline: Monday, 10 April 2017
http://www.igi-global.com/publish/call-for-papers/call-details/2595

See attachment for topics covered, submission details, and more.

--------------
Overview

Business schools and programs often cite a mission that articulates their purpose to a broad range of its stakeholders. That mission often references or reinforces core principles of the overall college or university. The mission can provide guidance on how business school deans, department chairs, and program directors should develop academic offerings and, in turn, promote them to prospective students and employers. Arguably, the mission provides a means to determine the nature and trajectory of faculty hiring, student skills development, and learning-centered outcomes. Today ’s three major accreditation bodies—AACSB, ACBSP, and IACBE— call upon their respective members to demonstrate evidence of how their mission informs and/or influences teaching and learning in their communities.

This book will present a variety of perspectives on how mission informs and/or influences academic and administrative approaches to modern business education. We aim to feature contributors who represent diverse perspectives on mission-based approaches in modern business education (e.g., all business disciplines, private liberal arts, public, religiously affiliated, minority serving, research focused, teaching focused, international). We welcome contributions that speak to academic and administrative embodiments of mission at business schools based in the Americas, Africa, Asia, Europe, and Oceania.

This book will become a respected reference for business school leaders and other stakeholders looking for quality literature about how to foster mission-driven excellence in the 21st Century.

BRENT SMITH, PHD
Associate Professor of Marketing

Founding Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Marketing and Sales Education
View the Journal | Submit a Manuscript | Become a Reviewer
Editor, Mission-Driven Approaches in Modern Business Education
View Call for Chapters | Propose a Chapter

Saint Joseph's University - Erivan K. Haub School of Business
Department of Marketing - 5600 City Avenue - Philadelphia, PA 19131

T: 610.660.3448 | E: [log in to unmask] | W: www.drbrentsmith.com

"We are each other's harvest; we are each other's business;

we are each other's magnitude and bond." -- Gwendolyn Brooks

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.