Posted on behalf of Prof. Kiril Todorov, D.Sc.
Chairman of the Conference Organizing Committee
--- Apologies for cross posting ---
Dear colleagues and entrepreneurship scholars,
We invite you to join the Eighth International Conference: ‘The International Entrepreneurship: Trends, Challenges, Achievements’, 6 – 9 June 2017, St. St. Constantine and Helena Resort, Varna, Black Sea, Bulgaria.
Important Dates and Submission Deadline
Abstract Submission – before 15 April 2017
Early Registration – before 20 April 2017
Deadline for receipt of conference papers – 31 May 2017
Call for papers: http://conference.bamde.org/call_for_papers.htm
The Conference’s mission is to get together professionals in the field from science, teaching, practice and policy makers to exchange opinions, problems, and good practices.
Who should attend this conference?
– Doctoral students/students
Topics General (panel) and specific (in sessions) topics will be discussed during the Conference. Among them will be:
– The concept of international entrepreneurship: how strategic management, entrepreneurship, and internationalization interact as a whole
– The international entrepreneurship in global, multinational environment
– International entrepreneurship and policy makers
– The international entrepreneur: profile, strategies, behaviour
– The international entrepreneur as a strategist, ice-breaker, and improviser
– The international entrepreneurs and their partnership – strategies, forms, consequences
– Teaching and training international entrepreneurs – mission (im)possible?
– Knowledge and skills for successful international entrepreneurs
– Good practices in international entrepreneurship
The above subtopics are indicative. The participants could also prepare presentations in closed or interdisciplinary areas.
Other Conference Activities:
· Workshop on ‘Ten Tips for effective interaction with SME Owners’. Led by Professor Ken O’Neill, Professor Emeritus of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development at University of Ulster, UK, Former President of the International Council for Small Business (ICSB)
· Doctoral seminar: How to prepare a dissertation and how to publish in a renowned international journal in the field? Led by Professor David Smallbone, Small Business Research Centre, Kingston University, London, UK, Former President of the International Council for Small Business (ICSB)
· Workshop on Management Systems and Consulting, led by Prof. Eric Flamholtz, Professor Emeritus of Management (Recalled), Anderson School, UCLA, President, Management Systems Consulting Corporation, Los Angeles, United States
· Meetings with institutions/policy-makers and firms.
Best papers will be published in a special issue of The International Review of Entrepreneurship and Conference Proceedings.
The Advisory Committee
David Smallbone (Kingston University, United Kingdom), Antti Haahti (University of Lapland, Finland), Ken O’Neill (University of Ulster, United Kingdom), Frank Hoy (Worcester Polytechnic Institute, (MA), USA), Alain Fayolle (EM Lyon Business School and Visiting Professor at Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management, Université Libre de Bruxelles), Robert B. Hisrich (Thunderbird School of Global Management, USA), J. Hanns Pichler (Austrian Institute for SMEs Research, Austria), Andrew Burke (Trinity Business School, Trinity College Dublin, Founding Editor of the International Review of Entrepreneurship), Raymond Saner (Diplomacy Dialogue, University of Basle, Switzerland), Herbert Chan (Tsinghua University Science Park, Beijing, China), Bogdan Piasecki (University of Łódź, Poland), Lester Lloyd-Reason (Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, United Kingdom), Marijan Cingula (University of Zagreb, Croatia), Irina Kuzmina (Transport and Telecommunication Institute, Riga, Latvia), Konstantin Theile (Educatis University, Switzerland), Renaud Redien-Collot (Novancia Business School Paris, France), Rodrigo Varela (Universidad Icesi, Cali, Colombia), Tadeusz Popławski (Technical University of Bialy-stok, Poland)
Organized and Hosted by:
Chair of Entrepreneurship, Institute for Entrepreneurship Development (IED) at the University of National and World Economy (UNWE),
Bulgarian Association for Management Development and Entrepreneurship (BAMDE)
With the partnership of:
European Council for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (ECSB)
Participants who have registered and paid the full fee are entitled to:
· Full participation in the conference
· Conference documentation
· Tea and coffee breaks
· Social programme
· Admission to conference reception, wine tasting dinner, Gala dinner, and the closing ceremony
· Admission to the best paper award competition – 1000 euro
· Conference proceedings and other publications
Ph.D. University of National and World Economy
Ph.D. Vrije Universiteit Brussels