***Apologies for cross-posting***
SKEMA KTO PhD in Management – Gender studies position
Call for applications
The SKEMA KTO research center seeks for outstanding candidates for the KTO PhD in Management, starting from Sep 2017 in SKEMA Sophia Antipolis (Nice area, France). The PhD program is an intense and rigorous program that equips students with the research skills to become world-leading experts in their chosen field of studies. Under the guidance of internationally renowned researchers, students conduct independent field-based research in strategy, innovation and entrepreneurship, organization. Graduating students find academic placements in internationally renowned research universities.
The PhD program is comprised of four years of full-time study. All classes are taught in English. The first two years are dedicated to coursework, while the third and fourth years are dedicated to research and dissertation. Students are also encouraged to spend a period at an internationally renowned research university. Admitted students are offered a financial support package which includes a tuition waiver and a fellowship for the 4 years of the degree. Additionally, funding for conference attendance, research support, access to the most attractive databases (such as WRDS, Thomson One, and Bureau van Dijk) are available.
A special Research Assistant position is open for PhD students interested in gender studies, diversity and inclusion. The position is under the supervision of Professor Michel Ferrary (Affiliated Scholar at Skema Business School and Professor of Management at the University of Geneva). The position is joined with the Skema Observatory of Gender Diversity and aims at developing a new research center dedicated to Gender Studies & Diversity.
Meeting the requirements listed above does not guarantee admission.
The application must include the following elements:
· Cover letter including a description of your motivation for enrolment in the KTO PhD in Management, your research interests and academic aims
· Curriculum Vitae
· Academic transcript and certification of undergraduate and graduate studies
· Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) or of the Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) for applicants whose native language is not English
· Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE). These tests are not compulsory but highly appreciated
· List two or more referees (preferably academic references) and their contact details for recommendations. Referees should send a letter of recommendation to Valerie Schmid ([log in to unmask]) in separate emails within 10 days from the application deadline
· Sample of research works, such as a Master/Bachelor thesis dissertation
When processing the enrolment application, the SKEMA administration must check that the applicant has the necessary academic qualifications to complete the degree program.
Admission deadlines and procedure
Mention the application is dedicated to the Gender studies position. We will accept applications in two sessions.
Applications including the candidate's current mailing address and the application package must be submitted before the deadline by email to Valérie Schmid ([log in to unmask]). Applications posted after the deadline of May 31 will not be considered.
Admission decisions are made by a recruiting committee. Applications will be assessed based on the following criteria:
· up to 40 points for the cover letter, curriculum vitae, transcript of exams and certifications, TOEFL, or CPE
· up to 25 points for GMAT or GRE scores
· up to 20 points for reference letters
A minimum of 50 points is required for obtaining an interview. Pre-selected applicants are interviewed via telephone; local applicants may be invited to visit the campus.
The assistantship award covers tuition fees and provide enough money for a living.
For more information you can go to the Skema PhD in Management website: http://www.skema.edu/programmes/kto-phd-in-management
Or contact Professor Michel Ferrary: [log in to unmask]
SKEMA Business School
Director of the KTO research group
Rue Dostoïevski, BP 085, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
+33 (0)493 954504