This lecture is open to students, faculty and the general public!

I’m pleased to invite you to hear Dr. Marcia McNutt, president of the National Academy of Sciences, give the Rachel Carson Distinguished Lecture “Science
Advice for Policy Decisions: Is Anyone Listening" at 4:00 pm, Tuesday, April 18, in the Union Ballroom (second floor of the MSU Union Building).

Her lecture promises not only wide appeal, but also addresses issues key to current affairs – and will take place four days before marches in support of science across the nation.

We want to be sure as many people as possible – including students and the general public – are able to take advantage of this opportunity. It would be terrific if you could share this with classes. If you know groups are attending, we would appreciate knowing (please email Sue Nichols -- [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>) as there will be a reception after the lecture.

Registration is free and can be done easily here: https://mcnutt.eventbrite.com <https://mcnutt.eventbrite.com/>

Attached please find the event flyer. I would appreciate it if you could forward the flyer to others and post it on event boards and other visible locations.

Hope to see you at the event!

Best regards,

Jack
Jianguo (Jack) Liu
Rachel Carson Chair in Sustainability
Center for Systems Integration and Sustainability
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48823-5243
http://csis.msu.edu/people/jianguo-liu <http://csis.msu.edu/people/jianguo-liu>
http://telecoupling.org <http://telecoupling.org/>