Reminder to students looking for summer jobs and long term employment beyond Michigan - be sure to sign up for COMFOODJOBS! Lots of good positions are coming out, from nutrition and public health to on-farm management and food access nonprofits. See the end of this message for details!

- Julie
********

Hello,

Please let me introduce myself. My name is Claire Nichols and I work as an Registered Dietitian in Vancouver, WA at Clark County Food Bank. I would like to pass along an interesting and unique opportunity which I hope you would share with any potential graduates who may be looking for hands-on experience after graduation.

Our Nutrition Education program has used AmeriCorps Nutrition Educators for the last six years to implement hands-on, interactive nutrition education to low-income children, teens, adults and families. Clark County Food Bank truly believes that a lack of knowledge, skill and confidence related to cooking, shopping and nutrition is a main cause of food insecurity. Through our nutrition education efforts, we aim to provide these opportunities with the goal of reducing reliance upon food assistance and increasing overall health of individuals and families.

We are currently seeking five individuals to fill our September 2017 - July 2018 term with the role of being an AmeriCorps Nutrition Educator. Per the requirements of AmeriCorps, each individual must be at least 18 years of age. He/she/they will receive a minimal living stipend of an estimated $1,200 a month, as well as a $5,815 educational stipend upon completion of the service term. The term is 10.5 months, also equivalent to 1,700 hours. This individual will have strong leadership skills, experience teaching cooking/nutrition and gardening classes and workshops, confidence with public speaking, flexibility, ability to work with and train volunteers, and desire to work with culturally diverse clients. The individual will gain the experience of working in a community/public health setting, will be managed by a registered dietitian and have the opportunity to be a part of creating and supporting new and ongoing programs.

Attached you will find an overview of the position to be shared with interested applicants. We will be accepting applications from March 15 – July 1 but preference will be given to early applicants. Applicants are also welcome to contact me at [log in to unmask] for more information. They may also visit our website at www.clarkcountyfoodbank.org to read more about our programs and organization.

Thank you kindly,