Robin Hills Farm is looking for an energetic and motivated person to join our Vegetable Farm Crew.

ABOUT THE FARM
Robin Hills is a 129 acre eco-destination farm in Chelsea, Michigan. Our mission is to provide a model of sustainable agriculture and appropriate land stewardship. Our existing growing space will offer a variety of vegetables and herbs for our upcoming café and onsite farmers market, to be housed in our Welcome building, currently undergoing construction.  In addition, this beautiful site provides a fishing pond, walking trails, Livestock (sheep, chickens) and numerous educational opportunities.

ABOUT THE POSITION
As a part of the farm crew you will learn and participate in all aspects of organic vegetable production. While this is not a formal training program, training our staff is key to the farm’s success. Crew members assist with propagation, greenhouse management, crop maintenance and care, pruning and trellising, integrated pest management, organic certification, composting, irrigation, building soil fertility, harvesting, post-harvest handling and direct marketing.

As a team we work together to grow amazing produce, and try to enjoy ourselves while we do it! We have a fast paced, organized and efficient work culture. We strive to support each other to be better and better farmers every day. Farming is a physical job; we work hard continuously throughout the day. We are looking for someone who is ready to hit the ground running, and is excited to learn and work on their skills.

DETAILS
This is a full-time position.  Rate of pay:  begins at $10 per hour
Regular work hours are 8 am to 4:30 pm with a 30-minute lunch break. Monday through Friday. Evening and weekend hours occasionally, and scheduled in advance. Some earlier or late start times depending on weather and day-length.
Some farming experience is preferred.  You must be excited to learn more about farming, have a positive attitude, enjoy working as a team, and be ready for physical work outside no matter the weather.
Must be able to lift 40 pounds. Must be comfortable working outdoors in all-weather at a fast pace.

Please send your resume answer the questions below to:  [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
QUESTIONS

What is your farming experience?
What about this job sounds the most interesting?
What in the job description do you have the most experience with?
What do you have the least experience with?
Of the things you know least about, which would you be interested in spending more time on?
What about the job do you look forward to doing the least? (We all dislike doing something here)
Do you enjoy working in a group or on your own?
Do you have any physical limitations that would keep you from doing any of the items listed above?
What is your experience with physical labor or exercise?
 What dates are you available to begin? End?
Do you have any vacations scheduled?

Holly Koss
Human Resources/Office Manager
GreenBright Holdings