Dear Colleagues, I have prepared some FAQs in response to queries we
have received about the upcoming *the 2017 AIB-UKI /Reading Conference
(6-8 April 2017)*

I hope these will be useful to all those thirsting for greater knowledge
about this event.

1.*“I have a paper accepted. How do I register?” *Visit
http://www.henley.ac.uk/aib2017
<https://www.owamail.reading.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?C=cItO4P0E8fISBozl22MXPEfrwETga-wRtBQoWohGDTivO2o9ol3UCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fs.wisestamp.com%2flinks%3furl%3dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.henley.ac.uk%252Faib2017%26sn%3dnull>Please
do so by March 1, if possible, as the conference rates rise on March 2.

2.*“I do not have a paper, but I want to come! How do I register? I hear
Barack Obama is in the same position.”*We have also heard the rumour
that Former President Obama is planning to attend our conference
(source: department of alternative facts, https://goo.gl/PVnLJc). Both
you and Mr Obama will need to Visit http://www.henley.ac.uk/aib2017
<https://www.owamail.reading.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?C=cItO4P0E8fISBozl22MXPEfrwETga-wRtBQoWohGDTivO2o9ol3UCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fs.wisestamp.com%2flinks%3furl%3dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.henley.ac.uk%252Faib2017%26sn%3dnull>as
soon as possible.

3.*“When should I register?”*The ‘early bird’ rate expires on March 1,
make sure you move quickly! Visit http://www.henley.ac.uk/aib2017
<https://www.owamail.reading.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?C=cItO4P0E8fISBozl22MXPEfrwETga-wRtBQoWohGDTivO2o9ol3UCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fs.wisestamp.com%2flinks%3furl%3dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.henley.ac.uk%252Faib2017%26sn%3dnull>

4.*“I heard that Jamie Oliver is catering the conference, and the food
will be amazing. Is this true?”*Well, we can say for certain that the
dining experience will be unforgettable. We are also certain that our
chefs have bought books written by Jamie, whose own restaurant is
visible from the town hall (where we have our gala dinner). Whether Mr
Oliver can be persuaded to personally cook for Obama (and you) depends
upon whether Mr Obama registers before the deadline. We will be
accepting registrations (subject to a late fee, even for Barack) up to
23 March.

5.*“Is it true that Peter Buckley and Mark Casson will receive the
Dunning Lifetime Achievement Award?”*This is true! It will be absolutely
amazing. The award will be made during the opening session on Thursday
Evening (6^th April), during the opening plenary. See the preliminary
programme by clicking here
<http://www.henley.ac.uk/files/pdf/research/research-centres/programme_outline_V9_17Feb.pdf>.

6.*“Is it true that Beyoncé offered to sing a specially penned song  at
the plenary about Peter and Mark’s stellar contributions to IB?
*(source: department of alternative facts)” Um, yes, this is true, but
we said no, because we asked Alain Verbeke
<https://www.henley.ac.uk/people/person/professor-alain-verbeke/> first.
Alain is way cooler, in our opinion. But he will not sing, he has
assured us, preferring to impress you with prose and oratory.

7.*“When does the conference start and end?” *The conference begins on
Thursday 6 April at 1700, and ends on Saturday 8 April at 1700.

8.*“Where is the conference being held? I am confused – Henley or
Reading?”*The conference is at the Reading Campus of the Henley Business
School, NOT at the Henley campus. Reading is 40km west of London, and
closest to Heathrow, if you are flying. For more details about how to
get to Reading, and where to stay, click here
<http://www.henley.ac.uk/files/pdf/research/research-centres/Conference_Guide_and_Instructions_for_Delegates.pdf>.
For accommodation details click here
<http://www.henley.ac.uk/files/pdf/schools/ibs/accommodation_latest.pdf>.

9.*“What a funny name. Does the University of Reading only have
libraries? Do you get tenure based only on how many books they have
read?”*We forgive you for your ignorance. Reading was once the
(reluctant) home of Oscar Wilde, apart from housing the John H. Dunning
Centre for International Business
<https://www.henley.ac.uk/research/research-centres/the-john-h-dunning-centre-for-international-business/>.

10.*“I think this will be the most amazing experience of my life, can I
come and spend more time at Reading after the conference?” *We welcome
visitors from around the world, and we also run the Dunning Fellowship
and the Rugman Fellowship programmes
<https://www.henley.ac.uk/school/page/ibs-fellowships>.

Rajneesh Narula
The John H. Dunning Chair of International Business
Henley Business School

Register for the AIB UK Conference 6-8 April 2017

http://www.henley.ac.uk/aib2017
<http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.henley.ac.uk%2Faib2017&sn=null>

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.