+++ Apologies for cross-posting +++

Dear AIB-colleagues,

We would cordially invite you to a workshop on: “INNOVATION IN EMERGING ECONOMIES”.

The workshop is jointly organised by the University of Bremen (Jutta Günther, Chair for Economics, esp. Innovation and Structural Change), Technical University Berlin (Knut Blind, Chair of Innovation Economics), Copenhagen Business School (Björn Jindra, Dept. of International Economics and Management) and the Higher School of Economics Moscow (Dirk Meissner, Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge).

The event takes place from the 13 – 14 July 2017 at the Technical University Berlin (Germany). The aim of the workshop is to discuss novel research on innovation and technological upgrading in the BRICS countries as well as less researched emerging economies. We invite submissions addressing, but not limited to, the following topics:

-              Measurement and indicators

-              Sector and technological dynamics

-              New innovation patterns and business models

-              FDI, multinational enterprises and innovation

-              Upgrading in global value chains

-              Innovation policy

Keynote Speakers

Maria Savona

Professor of Innovation and Evolutionary Economics (University of Sussex – SPRU, United Kingdom)

Glenda Kruss

Deputy Executive Director for the Centre for Science, Technology and Innovation Indicators (HSRC, South Africa)

Mike Morris

Professor of Economics (University of Cape Town, South Africa)

Please submit your extended abstract to [log in to unmask] by the 30 March 2017. Submissions presented at the conference are considered for publication in two related special issues scheduled for 2018:

-          Technological Forecasting and Social Change has a special issue on “Exploring Technology Upgrading of Emerging and Transition Economies: From ‘Shifting Wealth I’ to ‘Shifting Wealth II’?

-          The International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development offers a special issue on “Technological Upgrading and Innovation in Emerging Economies

We offer a number of travel allowances for young researchers and/or researchers from transition and developing countries.

For the complete call for papers as well as up-to-date information on the workshop, please visit our workshop homepage.

We appreciate your contributions and intend to create a very productive forum for professional exchange and networking for scholars of different disciplinary background. We also recommend this occasion for a short visit to Berlin. During summer it is simply a very exciting place to be.

Kind regards,

Björn Jindra

Associate Professor for International Business
Copenhagen Business School (CBS)
Department of International Economics & Management
Porcelænshaven 24A, 1.sal
DK-2000 Frederiksberg
Denmark
Phone: +45 3815 2574