Dear Colleagues,

Apologies for the cross-posting.

Due to a large number of requests, the deadline for applying to our summer programs has been extended to March 15, 2017

We kindly ask you to forward to students and faculty that could potentially be interested.

Here is the information about our summer programs

Gustolab International is delighted to announce an expansion of its popular Critical Studies on Food summer program. Beginning summer 2017, we will offer three complementary programs in Vietnam, Italy, and Japan.

CRITICAL STUDIES ON FOOD
FOOD SYSTEMS AND SUSTAINABILITY
IN VIETNAM

SUMMER 2017

DURATION: 4-week Full Immersion Program
WHEN: May 21 – June 18, 2017
WHERE: Vietnam

COURSES OFFERED

  • Food Systems in Vietnam (3 credits)
  • Vietnam, Conflict, Contradiction and Change (3 credits)
  • Vietnamese Language for Food and Business (up to 3 credits)

CRITICAL STUDIES ON FOOD
FOOD SYSTEMS AND SUSTAINABILITY
IN ITALY

(Academic internship program is available!!!)

SUMMER 2017

This program was designed and created in collaboration with the University of Massachusetts Amherst in 2010. Since 2015, it was also promoted by the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign.

DURATION: 5-week Full Immersion Program
WHEN: May 22, 2017 – June 24, 2017
WHERE: ROME, ITALY

COURSES OFFERED

  • Critical Studies on Food Culture (3 credits)
  • Food Media, Communication and Trends (3 credits)
  • Food, Nutrition and Culture in Italy (3 credits)
  • Food Waste in Italy (3 credits) NEW!
  • Italian Language for Food and Business (Italian Lexicon for Food Studies) (3 credits)
  • Elementary Italian Language (3 credits)
  • Intensive Elementary Italian Language (6 credits, minimum of 8 participants)

CRITICAL STUDIES ON FOOD SYSTEMS AND SUSTAINABILITY IN JAPAN

SUMMER 2017

DURATION: 4-week Full Immersion Program
WHEN: July 2 – July 30, 2017
WHERE: Osaka, Japan

COURSES OFFERED

  • Critical Studies on Japanese Food Culture (3 credits)
  • Food Choice and Politics in Japan (3 credits)

Applications open for Gustolab International programs in Italy (Rome, South and North Italy)

Our open enrollment programs are available to students from all universities.

NEW! Food Waste in Italy Course

A new course ‘Food waste in Italy’ has been added to the 2017 Critical Studies on Food in Italy program. This course will be taught in partnership with the University of Massachusetts Amherst.

Applications and information at [log in to unmask]om

Thank you,
Salem

GLI Gustolab International

SALEM PAULOS
Assistant to the Director

130, via Giulia
Rome, Italy 00186
Office phone +39 06 83087975 / +39 06 68804073
Fax +39 06 92912046
www.gustolab.com
facebook twitter instagram linkedin vimeo