Industry Studies Association Call For Papers

2017 Industry Studies Conference:  "Revisiting Capital"

https://www.industrystudiesconference.org/conference

May 24-May 26, 2017, Washington DC, USA

Submission Deadline: January 13, 2017

The Industry Studies Conference Program Committee welcomes your proposal to deliver a paper or organize a panel.  Researchers may submit abstracts of up to 250 words for single papers as well as panels of multiple papers at https://www.industrystudiesconference.org/conference  Further details can be found at the site and in the attached call for proposals.

We are especially interested in attracting papers that are unique in their emphasis on observation and insight into a particular industry, or that consider how knowledge gained in studying one industry can provide insights into other industries.

We also welcome proposals associated with our theme "Revisiting Capital."  In economics and management, capital is a long-lived asset that provides value in the production of goods and services.  Industry studies researchers are interested in a variety of forms of capital, including human capital, social capital and intellectual capital as well as physical capital.  In politics and public policy, capital signifies the seat of government.  Washington, D.C., where the 2017 Industry Studies Conference will be held, is one such seat.

Questions?  Please write:

Jane Davies, University of Cambridge (program co-chair; [log in to unmask])

David Hart, George Mason University (program co-chair, [log in to unmask])

Adam Seth Litwin, Cornell University (program co-chair, [log in to unmask])

Gerald A. McDermott, Professor

Sonoco International Business Department

Moore School of Business

University of South Carolina

& Senior Research Fellow

IAE Business School, Argentina