For full information on the EDEN concept and benefits, please click here.
PROGRAMME COORDINATOR & FACULTY
- Dr. Shlomo Y. Tarba, Associate Professor (Reader) and Head of Department of Strategy & International Business, Business School, University of Birmingham, UK. (Programme Coordinator)
- Dr. Riikka M. Sarala, Associate Professor, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, USA.
- Dr. Emanuel Gomes, Associate Professor, Business School, University of Birmingham, UK, and Nova School of Business and Economics, Universidade Nova, Portugal.
- Dr. Mohammad F. Ahammad, Associate Professor (Reader), School of Business, Sheffield Hallam University, UK.
- Dr. Yipeng Liu, Associate Professor, Business School, University of Birmingham, UK.
The faculty of the seminar have published books and articles in leading journals, such as
Strategic Management Journal, Journal of Management, Academy of Management Perspectives, California Management Review, Human Relations, Human Resource Management (USA), British Journal of Management, Academy of Management Learning & Education, Management
International Review, Journal of World Business, International Journal of Production & Economics, International Journal of Human Resource Management, Human Resource Management Review, Thunderbird International Business Review, International Studies of Management
& Organizations, Advances In Mergers and Acquisitions, and have vast experience in consulting to domestic and international M&As.
They were and currently are Guest Editors of special issues on M&As in such premier journals as
Journal of Organizational Behavior, Journal of Management Studies, California Management Review, Human Resource Management, British Journal of Management, Journal of World Business, Group & Organization Management, R&D Management, Applied Psychology:
An International Review, Human Resource Management Review, International Business Review, International Marketing Review, Small Business Economics, and others.
The objectives of the seminar are:
- to provide an overview of state-of-the-art approaches to studying domestic and cross-border international mergers and acquisitions
- to discuss specific theoretical and methodological challenges and foster critical thinking
- to present and discuss various future trends, issues and perspectives on the cross-border M&A phenomena, such as strategic, economic/finance, human behavior, organizational and international cultural and others
as well as the relationships between these research streams
The seminar will focus on the specific problems and challenges encountered in international and domestic mergers and acquisitions. During the course, we will present and discuss alternative perspectives on these
- human resource
- knowledge transfer
- social capital
- pre-merger planning activities
- post-merger integration
The seminar will begin on May 8, 2017 and end on May 12, 2017.
- Day 1 will consist of research presentations by the participants who are to make Power point presentations of either a conceptual model that they have developed or a plan for an empirical study (or one that
they have already carried out) within a specific perspective on cross-border mergers or acquisitions.
- Days 2-5 will be devoted to lectures and discussions led by the faculty members based on pre-readings done by the participants.
Detailed Programme: Click HERE
The seminar will include presentations, discussions, simulations, and more. Reading materials that also include recent publications by the faculty of the seminar (review, theoretical conceptual, and methodological
papers), such as from Strategic Management Journal, Journal of Management, Academy of Management Perspectives, California Management Review, Human Relations, Human Resource Management (US, Wiley), Management International Review, Journal of World Business,
International Journal of Human Resource Management, International Business Review, Advances in Mergers and Acquisitions , Best Paper Proceedings of Academy of Management, etc. will be distributed and discussed.
Course certificates will be sent only to those participants that attend the entire seminar and complete the required assignments.
The course merits 4 ECTs.
TIME AND LOCATION
The seminar will be held at the EIASM.
The programme will start on May 8, 2017 and is scheduled to end May 12, 2017
The participation fee is 1100 €. This fee includes participation to the seminar, the documents, lodging and full board.
Doctoral students will be assigned rooms for two.
Cancellations made before April 15, 2017 will be reimbursed with 10% deduction of the total fee. No reimbursement will be possible after this date.
The Institute offers a limited number of scholarships of 550 € each. Scholarships are strictly limited to students coming from an EIASM Institutional Member (the
Academic Council). Allocation of the scholarships is entirely at the discretion of the European Institute.
Interested doctoral students should register online (and add the required documents) no later than March
1, 2017. Besides doctoral students, other researchers may participate. The number of participants will be limited to create a stimulating environment. The selection among the applicants will be conducted by the Institute’s Faculty. They will review the
following documents which should necessarily complement each application form:
- the applicant’s curriculum vitae demonstrating his/her capabilities of doing research ;
- a letter of recommendation of his/her local faculty supporting the application ;
- a two-page description of his/her doctoral research, indicating the general objectives.
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Anne-Laure Marteaux
EDEN Manager, EIASM - PLACE DE BROUCKÈRE-PLEIN - 31 - 1000 BRUSSELS - BELGIUM
Tel: - Fax: +32 2 512 19 29