From: Ecological Society of America: grants, jobs, news [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Mark Poesch [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2016 5:24 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ECOLOG-L] Conservation Biology - Assistant Professor, University of Alberta

The Department of Renewable Resources, in the Faculty of Agricultural, Life
& Environmental Sciences, University of Alberta, Canada, invites
applications for a tenure track position in Conservation Biology.  The
position will be filled strictly at the Assistant Professor level and those
seeking appointment at other ranks will not be considered.
Qualifications are a PhD, with strong experience and interest in scientific
aspects of biodiversity and it in conservation work. We seek an academic
who takes a multi-species approach to biodiversity science working across
scales (communities to landscapes) and focusing on northern ecosystems
(aquatic, terrestrial or wetland).

The successful candidate will be expected to develop a program of
independent research and graduate student education, including a balanced
portfolio of ‘pure’ and ‘applied’ research strong enough to attract
excellent levels of competitive funding. This must include a commitment to
developing strong relationships with university colleagues, NGOs, industry,
and government to serve conservation interests. We seek applicants from
those with special interest in applied work with invertebrate or fungal
biodiversity. Teaching responsibilities will include regular courses and
field courses in the BSc Environmental and Conservation Sciences and BSc
Forestry programs and in the Department's course-based Masters, MSc and PhD
programs. We particularly seek applicants with the desire and ability to
teach quantitative approaches. The successful candidate will also have the
opportunity to develop a course in an area of particular interest to them.

The position is available immediately. An application package, including a
cover letter, description of research and teaching interests, curriculum
vitae, teaching dossier, and names of three referees should be submitted
online through the link below.

http://www.careers.ualberta.ca/Competition/A108231456/

Please do not reply to this message.