Date: 12/02/2016
Time: 4:10pm - 5:00pm
Place: 1502 Eng

Title:  Modeling Molecular Interactions in Biomolecular Systems

Speaker: Professor Pengyu Ren,  The University of Texas at Austin
Abstract:
Noncovalent interactions, electrostatic in nature, are essential in biomolecular processes such as protein/RNA folding and binding. Recently we have been systematically investigating the fundamental electrostatic forces including short-range induction and penetration effects by using ab initio Symmetry Adapted Perturbation Theory (SAPT), in order to advance the accuracy and transferability in physics-driven classical mechanics model. In this talk, I will present the development of AMOEBA polarizable multipole based force field along with its applications in molecular dynamics simulations towards understanding protein-ligand binding thermodynamics

Michigan State University

Dept. Physics and Astronomy

Shawna Prater

3261BPS, 567 Wilson Road