CALL FOR APPLICATIONS

FUNDED PHD STUDENTSHIP AT THE OPEN UNIVERSITY BUSINESS SCHOOL (UK)

The Internationalization of Corporate Social Responsibility: Nonmarket Strategy in a Global Context"

We are inviting applications for a full-time funded PhD studentship beginning 1 February 2017. This PhD studentship is entitled "THE INTERNATIONALIZATION OF CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: NONMARKET
STRATEGY IN A GLOBAL CONTEXT", co-supervised by Professor Thomas Lawton and Dr. Raquel García-García. This project aims to study the drivers of nonmarket strategies (i.e., firms' corporate political activity and corporate social responsibility) as well as the most profitable way to enforce them (domestically, regionally, or globally).

The studentship covers tuition fees, a research training support grant and a stipend of circa £14,296 per year. This is a full-time three-year studentship and the successful applicant would be required to live in the UK and usually within commuting distance of the Milton Keynes campus.

We are looking for highly motivated candidates who should have minimum qualifications of an upper second class honours degree 2:1 (or an equivalent) plus 120 credits of research methods training or ideally a Masters in Research Methods (MRes).

Candidates' applications should comprise a 1000-word research proposal and a covering letter outlining their suitability for the project. They must also enclose a completed application form (available at http://business-school.open.ac.uk/research/degrees/phd-studentships), copies of relevant degree certificates and transcripts and a copy of SELTS test results (if applicable), before we can consider them.

The deadline for applications is midday GMT on Thursday 1 December 2016.

Please contact Professor Thomas Lawton ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) or Dr. Raquel García-García ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) if you wish to further discuss this opportunity.

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.