International Management Division of the Academy of Management
Call for nominations for the IM Division Outstanding Service to the Global Community Award 2017
The IM Division Outstanding Service to the Global Community Award recognizes continuous excellence in serving the international community. While the IM Division provides opportunities to serve the global community, this is not an award for service to our division. Rather, the award scope is sufficiently broad to recognize service made via many organizations including international institutions, governments, and/or non-governmental organizations. The award favors longstanding service, but impactful service in a concentrated period of time will also be considered. The winner is awarded a plaque and cash prize of $500.
• Candidates must be nominated by others; no self-nominations are considered.
• Nominees must have an interest in, and contributed to, the international community.
• Nominees must have more than 5 years in the service of the international community.
Candidates are evaluated based on the following criteria:
• Demonstrated outstanding service to the international community over a long period of time. May also have more intensive and impactful service over a shorter period of time.
• Had an important impact on service of others by developing an organization or platform for global service.
Nomination and Evaluation Process
• Nomination letter(s) should be e-mailed to the Professional Achievement Awards Committee Chair, Alvaro Cuervo-Cazurra ([log in to unmask]) with a subject heading of “IM Division Outstanding Service to the Global Community Award” by April 1, 2017.
• Nomination letter(s) (3 pages maximum) should provide a rationale of how the nominee meets the eligibility and selection criteria above. The nominee’s curriculum vitae should be appended to the letter.
• The IM Division Professional Achievement Awards committee will review all nominations and may select a winner. In keeping with the highest standards, a winner may not be selected every year.
• The award will be announced and presented to the winner at the IM Division business meeting at the AOM 2017 annual meeting. The winner’s attendance at the annual meeting is required.
I look forward to receiving your nominations
P.S. Apologies for the multiple postings