________________________________
From: Keith Norris [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2016 10:37 AM
To: Keith Norris
Subject: The Wildlife Society - Policy Internships Available

Dear Student Chapter Presidents and Advisors -

The Wildlife Society is currently accepting applications for two paid Wildlife Policy Interns. This is a 6-month paid internship that runs from January-June 2017.  It offers a great opportunity for a current student or recent graduate of wildlife, natural resources, policy, and/or related programs to get hands on experience in DC, build relationships in the conservation community, and support wildlife professionals in achieving science-based management and conservation.

Our ideal candidates have a strong wildlife education, previous engagement with TWS (student chapter/chapter/conference/etc.), demonstrated leadership and communication skills, and an interest in supporting the wildlife profession in the policy arena.

We offer great exposure to a wide-breadth of wildlife policy issues, excellent networking with wildlife professionals across TWS and policy folks in DC, and opportunity to develop writing/communication and collaboration skills.

Information on specific duties and qualifications is included in the attached PDF, and more information on TWS' Government Affairs program is available at www.wildlife.org/policy<http://www.wildlife.org/policy>.

Applications must be submitted by 6 November 2016.  Please contact me if you have any questions.

Keith

Keith Norris, AWB®
Director of Government Affairs & Partnerships
The Wildlife Society
425 Barlow Place, Suite 200
Bethesda, MD 20814
301.897.9770 x309