I also had a user fall for this one.  How do you know the link is "benign"??

Kim Geiger
WKAR Radio & Television, WKAR.org
East Lansing, Michigan
517-884-4766

>>> Gary Schrock <[log in to unmask]> 10/26/2016 11:10 AM >>>
I had someone forward me one yesterday that it turns out when I go back and
check the link out it indeed takes one to a page along those lines.  I
thought it was a little interesting that by the time I had responded to my
user about it that it wasn't being blocked by msu yet, since they normally
start blocking things pretty quick.

Not sure I'm a big fan of this myself.  Not the least of which at the
minimum, it ultimately means more work for me, since I invariably will get
people forwarding the various phishing emails to me asking if they're
legit.  And of course, if that link was personalized to the recipient
(which is quite possible considering the long string of seemingly random
characters in it), they'll now think that that person followed it, when it
was actually me when investigating.