We have a great two month line-up of workshops for you! Please share widely with farmers you know - See our new Fall Workshop savings. Please see workshop listings attached for your calendar postings too.

FARMER FIELD SCHOOL
Intensive Workshops for Farmers

- Learn from Successful Farmers -
- Visit Successful Farms  -
- Improve Your Business  -
Want to Grow Your Farm Business?
** NEW Fall Workshop Package **
$50 off when you sign up for Nov. 6, Dec. 3 & 10 Workshops
NOVEMBER WORKSHOP

Scaling Up (or Down):
Finding and Getting to the Right Scale for Your Farm

Sunday November 6th, 9am-5pm
$150 for 1 person ($40 additional for a 2nd person from the same farm)**

Workshop Presenters:
Tomm Becker - Sunseed Farm,
Nic Theisen - Loma Farm
Nic Welty - 9 Bean Rows Farm

If you are looking for ...

The best scale for your farm business to maximize success...

The right ratio of overhead and costs relative to sales and income...

Return on Investment (ROI) for your capital and equipment investments...

   Rules of thumb for infrastructure, equipment, management time, and labor at small-medium-large farm scales...

Help strategizing about how to grow or right-size your operation...

...this workshop is for YOU!

For Workshop Questions & Help:

Megan DeLeeuwFarmer Field School Program Manager handsownfarm@gmail.com  734-718-5506

Tom Cary - Farmer Field School Program Manager carythom@msu.edu 616-916-9823

Website: www.msuorganicfarm.org/farmer-field-school.html

==================================

DECEMBER WORKSHOPS

  Saturday, December 3rd, 9am - 5pm
Strategic Business Planning & Management:  Markets, Finances, Production, HR and more

Saturday, December 10th, 9am - 5pm
Advanced Strategic Business Planning & Management:  Finances Deep Dive, Strategic Investment, Capital Access, and Growth

Thursday, December 14, 1pm - 4pm
Farm Labor: Getting, Managing, and Keeping Good Labor for Your Farm
(NO CHARGE)

This material is based upon work that is supported by the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, U.S. Department of Agriculture, under award number 2015-70017-22856.

Copyright © 2016 MSU Student Organic Farm, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
MSU Student Organic Farm
1066 Bogue St
A288 Plant & Soil Science Bldg.
East Lansing, MI 48824

Add us to your address book

You can
update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

MSU STUDENT ORGANIC FARM | 3291 College Road, Holt, MI 48842
Unsubscribe {recipient's email}
Update Profile | About our service provider
Sent by carythom@msu.edu in collaboration with
Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.
Try it free today

--
Tom Cary
Program Manager, Beginning Farmer Training Program, Student Organic Farm (MSU)

If you would like to access a searchable archive of the all the previous Mich-Organic listserv postings copy this URL and paste in your browser address field http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html