Certified organic farmstead for sale - Benton Harbor MI - 50+ acres
includes new irrigation system installed in 2012 for all fields.
Farm consists of 8 main fields plus a large forest/woodlot:
Blueberry acres: 15 - mainly Jersey variety with one small field of Blue Crop (existing U-pick business)
Vegetable acres: 3.3 - farmed in rotation for the past 5 years
Pasture/Cover crop acres: 11
Woodlot: ~ 11 acres
Farmstead includes farmhouse - one bedroom, two bath; Four car garage (with one section build into a Cool-Bot walk in produce cooler with roll up door to the wash station deck) and a large pole barn.
Farm also includes equipment needed to run a full blueberry operation: Landini Orchard tractor, Jacto sprayer (bought new and only used for Organic production), blueberry harvester (Corvan), John Deere tractor with loader, Seppi flail mower, A & B Packing Equipment fresh pack blueberry line, includes clamshell filler.
Farm is MAEAP verified for cropping system and certified organic through MOSA since 2013
Serious inquiries only. Asking $625,000 OBO. For additional details contact Karen at [log in to unmask]

Certified organic farm equipment - I'm downsizing and no longer need the following equipment:

Rain-Flo Model #2550 Series II Raised Bed Plastic Mulch Layer -lays plastic 3 Ft. or 4Ft. wide. Has adjustable bed height from 3” to 7”. Bed press is UHMW poly lined for smooth firm bed. Tractor size; Requires 60 HP
(minimum 5000 lbs tractor weight).
  • 60” row centers, 60 hp FWD minimum.
  • Adjustable from 3 ft. or 4 ft. wide plastic.
  • Adjustable bed height from 3” to 7” high bed.
  • Adjustable brake tension on plastic roll carriers.
  • Bed press has adjustable side press plates.
  • With operator seat
  • Adjustable row marker.
  • Replaceable, reversible plow shares blades.
  • UHMW (replaceable) poly lined bed press.
  • Spring loaded shovels on side, help loosen soil for cover disk.
Raised Bed Plastic Mulch Layer
  • Automatic self steering Ro-trak for hill sides
  • Double drip applicator
I purchased this new in 2013 for $4480 - used three seasons
Asking $4000 OBO

I will throw in a roll of 4' plastic mulch and drip tape, whatever I have left here at the farm.

Model #1600 Series II Water Wheel Transplanter

The most versatile water wheel planter for planting vegetables into plastic mulch!
Rain-Flo Model #1600
  • Field ready with four planting wheels
  • Super Wheel for snap-on spike #355-S24 - 12 Standard (50 to 72 Count tray) spikes per wheel
  • Grommets and snap pins included
  • Plants bare roots, pots, and plugs
  • Capability of 8" to 36" row spacing and one to four planting wheels (standard)
  • Two 80 gallon tanks
  • Up to 18 tray carrying capacity
  • Will plant 60” row spacing (minimum)
  • Quick change planting wheel setup
  • Easy adjustment for comfort on seat and foot rest
  • Large tires with highway bearings
  • Side valve for washing hands
  • Galvanized expanded metal trays
I purchased this new in 2013 for $2215 - used three seasons
Asking $1900 OBO

Also available:
1950 Farmall C with both wide front and tripod front (currently installed is the wide front) - rebuilt the engine this season with new valve kit. Has 12 volt upgrade. Runs perfect. I work this tractor every season and love it but I just won't need it any more. Asking $3000 FIRM

I also have the following supplies available, contact me for quantities and pricing:
*see photos attached to this email*
1/2 Bu. Waxed produce boxes - NEW
1/2 Bu. Waxed produce boxes - gently used
1 1/9 Bu. Waxed apple boxes - NEW
1 Bu. Wood apple crates - used - great for harvest, shelving, storage, displays and furniture
10# brown paper grocery bags
wood pint boxes
wood quart boxes
pulp pint boxes
plastic pint boxes
plastic pint clamshells
Pint and Quart master berry flats - gently used
Lugs - old grape style

Everything is available to view at the farm by appointment. Address is 3835 Pier Road, Benton Harbor MI 49022

Contact by email: [log in to unmask]
-or-
TEXT ONLY: (269) 605-9716

thanks!
Karen
Big Head Farm
Benton Harbor, MI

If you would like to access a searchable archive of the all the previous Mich-Organic listserv postings copy this URL and paste in your browser address field http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html