As the organisers of the JOINT 44th Academy of International Business
(UK&Ireland Chapter) Conference and 6th Reading International Business
Conference, we are pleased to invite you to join us on *6-8 April
2017* at Henley Business School, University of Reading.****The theme for
the conference is -* *Contemporary Issues in International Business*:
*Are we seeing the tail-end of globalization? **

The merged conference will combine the best elements of both
conferences. We will maintain the tradition of the AIB-UKI conferences
by offering a doctoral consortium. We also seek to encourage a broader
variety of papers to the parallel sessions. At the same time, we intend
to maintain the Reading tradition of open-ended debates and interactive
plenary sessions.

Unlike the previous AIB-UK&I meetings, this conference hosted bythe John
H. Dunning Centre for International Business
<https://www.henley.ac.uk/research/research-centres/the-john-h-dunning-centre-for-international-business/>will
begin in the afternoon of the 6th April 2017 with the Doctoral
Colloquium, the Conference Welcome and Opening Plenary at 5.30 pm. It
will close by 5pm on the 8th April 2017.

    *KEY DATES*

Conference registration and submission of papers opens *   1 November 2016
*Submission for Main Conference deadline *9 December 2016
*Submission for Doctoral Colloquium and panel proposals deadline *24
January 2017
*Confirmation of paper acceptances *15 February 2017
*Early-bird registration ends *1 March 2017
*Publication of the conference programme *8 March 2017
*Conference registration closing date*24 March 2017*

    *SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS*

*The Main Conference*will host both competitive papers and posters. The
poster session is reserved to papers that are at an early stage of
development. During the submission process, authors will be asked to
choose whether their paper is to be considered for a competitive or for
a poster session. Accepted papers will ultimately be allocated to either
types of sessions after considering suggestions of referees.
In order to maximize participation to the Conference, we may have to
restrict the number of papers from the same authors to a maximum of three.
Papers submitted to the Main Conference*cannot be*submitted also to the
Doctoral Colloquium.
Proposals for special tracks and panel sessions are welcome and should
be sent to [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>, by
January 24th 2017.

Submission of papers to the Main Conference  is managed through Conftool
Pro athttps://www.conftool.pro/aibuki2017. *papers may be submitted from
1 November 2016.*

    *DOCTORAL COLLOQUIUM*

The Academy of International Business UK&Ireland Chapter is organising
the colloquium for students in International Business. The colloquium
will be held at the Henley Business School on *Thursday 6th April 2017
*to accommodate the character of both conferences, and be followed by
the opening plenary on Thursday evening. .

*Key dates to note:
*Submission of papers opens *1 November 2016
*Online paper submission closes *24 January 2017
*Early-bird registration ends on *1 March 2017 (inclusive) *

For details and guidelines on the doctoral colloquium go to our website
http://www.henley.ac.uk/aib2017

Papers submitted to the Main Conference*cannot be*submitted also to the
Doctoral Colloquium.

For further information please contact  Secretary of Doctoral
Colloquium, Miss Jane Brittin on [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>or Doctoral Convenor, Dr Margaret Fletcher
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

    *DELEGATE REGISTRATION AND FEES*

*Registration will open on 1 November 2016. Visit
http://www.henley.ac.uk/aib2017*
***AIB current members and part-time PhD students:*

  * Full conference package (including gala dinner)−£315
  * ‘False Economy’ conference package (excludes gala dinner)−£280
      o Should you later decide to attend the gala dinner, there will be
        an additional cost of £55. You may purchase the Gala Dinner
        separately at any time until 15 March 2017 by emailing us.

*Full-time PhD student rate*

  * Full conference PhD package−£195
  * ‘false economy’ PhD student rate (excludes Gala Dinner)−£160

For lots more details and exciting facts, visit
http://www.henley.ac.uk/aib2017

If you have any queries, please contact the Conference Administrator
Daria Radwan by email at
<http://www.henley.ac.uk/aib2017>[log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>or by phone on +44(0) 1183786597.

Rajneesh Narula
The John H. Dunning Chair of International Business
Henley Business School

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.