Dear colleagues,

Please apologize for cross-posting.

On behalf of the department of Marketing & Supply Chain Management at SBE Maastricht University,

Lieven Quintens

Associate - Full Professor of Supply Chain Management.

Specifications

Location

Maastricht University - SBE - MSCM - Tongersestraat 53, 6211 LM, Maastricht

Hours

38.0 hours per week

Salary

€ 4749 - € 7659

Job number

AT2016.268

About employer

Maastricht University (UM)

Short link

www.academictransfer.com/36467

Job description

The Department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management, School of Business and Economics, at Maastricht University, the Netherlands, invites applicants for a full-time permanent position at the Associate/Full Professor level. Excellent candidates from all sub disciplines (i.e., supply chain management, purchasing, procurement, buyer-seller relationships, value chain, or marketing channels) are invited to apply.

We are looking for a high-potential candidate that is committed to excellence in teaching and research. The candidate will teach graduate, undergraduate and executive courses through our face-to-face, problem-based instructional format, supervise Master and PhD students and contribute to the department’s educational development activities. The candidate should have an outstanding and ongoing program of academic research and publish in top-tier journals in the field of supply chain management, purchasing, and/or related disciplines. He/she is expected to take a leading role in developing and delivering a clear strategic vision for research quality for the supply chain group. The candidate should contribute to the transfer of the department's knowledge and expertise to the outside world (valorisation).

Requirements

To qualify for the position, the candidate should have, by the time of appointment:

·         a PhD degree in Supply Chain Management or Purchasing, or a related discipline;

·         an excellent research track record in his/her field of expertise as proven by a number of high-quality publications;

·         excellent demonstrable teaching skills ;

·         experience in the supervision of PhD projects;

·         strong (inter)national collaborations both within the academic and the non-academic communities, and a proven ability to be outward looking;

·         a proven competence in acquiring external research funding  for research projects;

·         excellent communication skills;

·         a team player attitude and skills;

·         the ability and willingness to contribute to administrative and organizational tasks within the department and the faculty.

Conditions of employment

The conditions of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. For more information, please check the website www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > Support > UM employees.

Salary is competitive, depending on qualifications and work experience, between € 4.749,00 per month for a fulltime associate professorship and € 7.659,00 per month for a fulltime full professorship (12 monthly payments). On top of this, there is an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% year-end bonus. Non-Dutch applicants could be eligible for a favourable tax treatment (30% rule).

The contract to be offered is a 1-year contract that will be converted into a permanent, tenured position, subject to positive evaluation.

Employer

Maastricht University is renowned for its unique, innovative, problem-based learning system, which is characterized by a small-scale and student-oriented approach. Research at UM is characterized by a multidisciplinary and thematic approach, and is concentrated in research institutes and schools. Maastricht University has around 16,000 students and 4,000 employees. Reflecting the university's strong international profile, a fair amount of both students and staff are from abroad. The university hosts 6 faculties: Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Faculty of Law, School of Business and Economics, Faculty of Humanities and Sciences, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience.

The School of Business and Economics (SBE) has been awarded three prestigious accreditations, AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA, resulting in what is known as the Triple Crown accreditation which only 1%of business schools worldwide have. The Global Financial Times Ranking 2015 ranks our MSc International Business among the top 30 programmes in the world.

Department

The Department is committed to excellence in teaching and research. We provide our students with the best possible education, at the Bachelor, Master, PhD and Executive level. We always strive to bridge the gap between academic rigor and real-world impact by integrating real-life cases and projects into our programs. At the Bachelor's level, we offer a Major in Supply Chain Management and a Major in Marketing. At the Master's level, we offer four challenging Master's programs: Global Supply Chain Management and Change, Supply Chain Management, International Business Strategic Marketing, and Marketing- Finance. Further, our staff is involved in several post-graduate (executive) education programmes.

Our research is published in the top academic journals and has been rewarded with several international awards and is often funded by prestigious grants from NWO (The Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research), the European Union, the NEVI (Dutch Association for Purchasing Management) Research Foundation or the Marketing Science Institute. We are proud of our excellent reputation in our fields of expertise and enjoy sharing our knowledge with the business community to help solving some of the pressing questions that managers face.

The department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management is a young and dynamic department with around 40 members (see http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/sbe/mscm).

Additional information

Interested applicants should submit:

·         a letter of motivation of maximum 2 A4-pages

·         a curriculum vitae

·         two representative samples of academic work

·         two letters of recommendation

·         a statement how their teaching and research vision and interests fit within the education and research program of our department.

Inquiries may be directed to Prof. dr. G. Odekerken ([log in to unmask]).

Application letters should be submitted before November 21 , 2016 to [log in to unmask].

The successful candidate should start as soon as possible, preferably spring 2017.

Lustrumlogo 2016 (2)

Lieven Quintens
BSc Director
School of Business and Economics
www.maastrichtuniversity.nl

Tongersestraat 53, 6211 LM Maastricht
Postbus 616, 6200 MD Maastricht
T +31 43 38 83 778

Disclaimer

Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail.