Hi Folks,

Apologies in advance for cross posting.  I am Phil Tocco, a Michigan representative for the North Central Region Center for Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) training, Extension and Technical Assistance. As the state rep, I am responsible for helping assess the needs small and very small growers have in complying with the FSMA Produce Safety Rule.  The initial way we’re trying to assess these needs is through a survey.  This survey is anonymous and the information gathered will help us identify and meet educational needs with regards to compliance with FSMA. For more information on NCR FSMA, go to our website: https://ncrfsma.org

The survey will take about 15 minutes to complete and will help you determine if you will be required to comply with the FSMA Produce Rules. It will also help the Center determine fruit and vegetable producers' level of knowledge on food safety and determine their top education needs in our region. The survey can be found at http://qeasttrial.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8FWKOX9AYADrWqF.

I realize this is a busy time on farms across the state,  so as a token of appreciation, the survey organizers will hold a drawing and award three participants a $50 gift card. Note entry in the drawing will require that you provide your name and contact information in another link found at the end of the survey. It is NOT tied to your survey responses.

The deadline for completing the survey is September 30, 2016. For more information on NCR FSMA and additional food safety news and resources, go to the Center's website at https://ncrfsma.org.

Thank you for your attention and any responses you give.

All the best,

P-

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

Jackson County Office                                   Phil Tocco

1715 Lansing Ave                                            Extension Educator

Jackson, MI 49202                                         Preharvest Food Safety

Phone:     (517)788-4292                               Agriculture and Agribusiness Institute

Fax:           (517)788-4640

Cell:          (517) 416-5314

If you would like to access a searchable archive of the all the previous Mich-Organic listserv postings copy this URL and paste in your browser address field http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html