Begin forwarded message:

From: Sam McKagan <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Hiring research associate at the University of Maryland
Date: September 15, 2016 at 1:32:58 PM EDT

Dear Colleagues,

I sent out an announcement last month about an "anticipated" postdoc
position at the University of Maryland. It is now an "official" position,
and I'd like to follow up and encourage you to share it with anyone who
might be interested:

http://perjobs.blogspot.com/2016/08/stem-education-research-associate.html

A few highlights of this position:

  - We are advertising for a full-time research associate at the
  University of Maryland to start ASAP, but we are open to being pretty
  flexible about start date, physical location (remote is a possibility),
  percent time, and even whether it's a research associate or a senior
  graduate student (e.g. someone with a masters from somewhere else who wants
  to get a PhD at UMD) or some other kind of position.
  - The successful candidate will work in a highly collaborative
  environment with a great team of researchers from 8 institutions across the
  country (supervisors will be Chandra Turpen, Sam McKagan, Adrian Madsen,
  Joe Redish, and Raluca Teodorescu, and there will be many interactions with
  our larger team as well).
  - This position will involve building relationships and conducting
  research on faculty change and user-centered design. The postdoc will spend
  a lot of time conducting and analyzing faculty interviews and surveys, and
  working with a large team to think about design. The postdoc will *not* be
  expected to build designs or online tools, and does *not* need to have any
  experience with introductory physics for life sciences courses, course
  management systems, or user interfaces.

Sam

--
Sarah "Sam" McKagan

Director, PhysPort: www.physport.org
American Association of Physics Teachers

Physics Education Research consultant
McKagan Enterprises