Call for Cases – International Business and Global Strategy (2nd edition) by Dr Peter Zamborsky

Submission deadline: 1 March 2017 (for cases to be co-authored or edited by Dr Zamborsky)

Submission deadline: 30 June 2017 (for final submission of cases to SAGE Business Cases)

Dear colleagues,

You may be familiar with my textbook ‘International Business and Global Strategy’, an innovative free eBook (over 20,000 downloads in 8 months) published by Ventus Publishing/bookboon.com and available via:

www.featherlighteducator.com

The eBook offers premium interactive features such as 100 review, discussion and quiz questions—integrated with Canvas learning management system—to facilitate participant engagement.

Now we are building a second layer for this concise eBook—cases to complement each of its 20 end-of-chapter discussion questions. We are starting with 10 cases for chapters 11-20 (Global Strategy).

These cases will be written by or co-authored with academics from around the word and will be peer-reviewed and (upon acceptance) published by SAGE Publications in their Business Case collection.

SAGE Business Cases is the first discipline-wide digital collection tailored to library needs. It allows for instant and lasting IP access rather than the usual per case purchase model:

http://sk.sagepub.com/cases

SAGE Publications is accepting submission for its SAGE Business Cases digital platform by 30 June 2017. They offer peer-review, editorial support and US$500 honorarium upon acceptance.

You can learn more about this case collection at: http://sk.sagepub.com/about-business-cases

If you are interested in submitting a case/experiential exercise on one of these topics/companies linked to Global Strategy part of my eBook please contact me and I will give you more information:

Ch. 11: Foundations of global strategy (Global sales exercise)

Ch.12: Regional and global strategy (Global firm exercise)

Ch. 13: Global strategy frameworks (Global/international/multinational/transnational firm exercise)

Ch. 14: Foreign market entry (Tata Motors’ acquisition of Jaguar)

Ch. 15: Industry and competition (Harley Davidson’s global success)

Ch. 16: Resources and capabilities (Boeing vs Airbus vs COMAC)

Ch. 17: Institutions and ethics (Volkswagen’s emissions scandal)

Ch. 18: Organisation and structure (Foreign R&D in emerging markets)

Ch. 19: Knowledge and innovation (Fisher & Paykel Appliances and Haier: case by Dr Zamborsky and Paramita Turner accepted by SAGE Business Cases, to be published online by January 2017)

Ch. 20: Alliances and collaboration (Global Hotel Alliance/Discovery: case under development by Dr Zamborsky and Dr Kruesi, Assistant Professor at National Kaohsiung University in Taiwan)

SAGE is accepting both field cases and those written from publicly available sources. Their word count range is 1,500-5,000 words and each case needs to be accompanies by a teaching note.

Kind regards,

Dr Peter Zamborsky

Management and International Business

University of Auckland Business School