Dear all,

The China and Emerging Economy Centre at the University of Northampton will host a cross-sector forum on the impact of Chinese overseas investment on Friday 16th in Northampton (09.30-15.30 UK time).

Distinguished speakers include, among others, Mr. Gordon Luo, Chief Executive of Huawei (UK), Minister Counsellor Mr Xu Jin at the Economic and Commercial Counsellor's Office of the Chinese Embassy in London, Professor Nick Miles OBE, Pro Vice Chancellor of Nottingham University, Professor Jeremy Clegg and Professor Yingqi Wei of Leeds University, Professor Xiaohui Liu of Loughborough University, Anrew Yuan, UK Managing Director of Hytera Comms. CO., Ltd.

The Forum will feature individual presentations and two panel discussions. We are confident the debate and discussion will help to inform future policies, business practices and research.

To watch the live webcast, please follow the link below on the day

https://nile.northampton.ac.uk/webapps/bb-collaborate-bb_bb60/launchSession/guest?uid=ef4d56bd-a1ca-47b0-95f0-e08aa10ba272&course_id=_10530_1

please note that the link will ONLY go live on the day of the event. If clicking the link doesn't work at 9.30am, please copy-and-paste the link into your browser and then press enter. The recommended browsers we advise to use are: Firefox or Google Chrome.

You may also join the Linkedin group 'Northampton Forum: the Impact of Chinese Overseas Investment' and share your views and thoughts there.

With best wishes,
Shaowei

Dr. Shaowei He
Senior Lecturer

China and Emerging Economies Centre: http://www.northampton.ac.uk/research/research-centres/china-and-emerging-economies-centre-ccec/

Northampton Business School, University of Northampton, Boughton Green Road, Northampton, NN2 7AL
UK, Telephone: +44 (0)1604 892163

Just published:
     Shaowei He , Zaheer Khan (2015), Subsidiary Capability Upgrading and Parent-Subsidiary Relationship: Insights from a Chinese Acquisition in the United Kingdom, in Rob Van Tulder , Alain Verbeke , Rian Drogendijk (ed.) The Future of Global Organizing (Progress in International Business Research, Volume 10) Emerald Group Publishing Limited, pp.127 - 141
Latest research project (supported by Leverhulme/British Academy Small Research Grant 2015):
Emerging economy multinational enterprises' acquisitions in developed countries and capability upgrading in their acquired firms: a multiple case study in the UK

The University of Northampton’s world-leading research and inspirational teaching deliver life-changing student experiences. We are one of the top 30 UK universities for student satisfaction*, and have a 96% employability rate**. Our innovative, student-focused social impact agenda and active global partnerships promote positive change locally, nationally and internationally.
www.northampton.ac.uk

* Ranked 26th in England for satisfaction when compared to full university status HEIs in the National Student Survey 2014
** HESA Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) Survey 2012/13, July 2014 compared to full university status HEIs for full time study first Undergraduate degree leavers
This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using, printing, copying, distributing or disseminating this e-mail or any information contained in it. We virus scan all E-mails leaving The University of Northampton but no warranty is given that this E-mail and any attachments are virus free. You should undertake your own virus checking. The right to monitor E-mail communications through our networks is reserved by us.

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.