Call for Papers

11th China goes Global Conference

June 15-17, 2017

University of Agder, Kristiansand, Norway

The 11th Annual China goes Global© conference will be held in Kristiansand, Norway, located in the southern tip of the country.  We encourage paper writers, panel presenters, book authors, and PhD students researching China’s globalization to submit their work on our website (http://www.chinagoesglobal.org/conference/paper-submission).

China’s economic size and growth and prominence in today’s global institutions, political agreements, and economic development raise the need to examine how China affects the rest of the world and vice versa.  Particularly, we are interested in how Chinese movement of people, ideas, money and products affect other nations, industries and companies.  We seek multi-disciplinary, multi-method and multi-level studies on the globalization of China in general.

A significant part of the world’s economy, trade, and investment regimes, China is a center of influence on geopolitics, world institutions, and global economic health. We seek to present research on the internationalization of China from multi-disciplinary perspectives, including political economy, business, sociology, the humanities and environmental studies. Previous conference attendees hailed from across the globe, mostly from the academy, but also from government, international institutions, and business sectors.

As in past years, several points of distinction will mark this year’s conference:

Special Issue: A special issue from the conference will be published by the International Journal of Emerging Markets, an Emerald journal that is indexed and ranked by Scopus, ESCI, and ABS. Articles from past Special Issues have achieved a high number of downloads and citations. (see:http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/journals.htm?id=ijoem)

Keynoters: This year’s keynoters will be among the foremost experts in emerging markets. We will utilize both an academic and a practitioner to keynote.  For a list of previous keynoters, see:http://www.chinagoesglobal.org/past-conferences/previous-key-noters/

Doctoral consortium: a doctoral paper development program will be given to early career researchers, with the purpose of helping them publish the ideas/papers in a top peer-reviewed journal. A special pre-conference workshop on Methodologies and use of Data in Chinese studies will be offered as well.

Local Attractions: There will be some local tours to historical sites, nature and companies.  The Agder region is Norway’s foremost attractive location for local and international tourists during the summer months.

Awards: A number of best-paper and best-reviewer awards will be given to recognize excellent contributions, including best paper award, best thematic award, best service award, best reviewer awards, best PhD paper submission award. The best paper awards will also confer on the recipients priority review to the International Journal of Emerging Markets.

As the premier conference in the field of China’s globalization, China Goes Global© will continue its more than a decade-long effort to contribute to the scholarship on China’s globalization. Our call for papers includes, but is not limited, to the following topics:

Context & Theories

  1. Theory, Research and Education on Chinese firm’s globalization
  2. Globalization of Chinese Capital, Companies, and People
  3. Negotiation, Language, and Culture

4.     Impact of Religion on Chinese Globalization

Regions

  1. Chinese Investment in Europe and the USA
  2. Sub-Saharan Africa: New Dynamics, New Synergies
  3. China and Russia: Towards a New Strategic Direction
  4. Chinese Companies in Latin America and Australia

Systems & Sectors

  1. China and Energy Policy
  2. Health Care Industry in China
  3. The Role of Communication, Media and Public Relations
  4. The “One Belt, One Road” Initiative

Management Issues

1.     Strategic HRM of Chinese MNCs

  1. Corporate Governance in Chinese Firms
  2. Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics

Specificity of Innovation Process

  1. Upgrading processes of Chinese firms
  2. Education, University-Industry Partnerships and the Not-for-Profit sector
  3. Chinese Small and Medium Enterprises and Entrepreneurship
  4. Upgrading of Capabilities, Technology, and Strategic Assets
  5. “Made in China 2025”, Policies and the National Innovation System

Please submit your paper through our online submission system no later than March 1, 2017. Papers should follow the author style and referencing guide provided on the conference website. By submitting a paper, all authors also agree to review up to 3 papers, and at least one author agrees to attend the conference.

Important Dates

Deadline for submission: March 1, 2017

Paper acceptance/rejection: April 15, 2017

Revised paper submission: May 15, 2017