Interesting, does kinda look like it might have been false positives.  As
far as I can tell, this morning the same files are going through without a
problem.  I'd checked them yesterday to make sure they were clean (and it
was multiple .doc files that were causing problems), and if I took one and
just saved it out as a .docx it went through fine.  Oh well, the oddities
of virus scanning.