Don't miss your chance to be an AmeriCorps member with the Power of We Consortium and help increase food & nutrition programming
in Lansing! Please forward this message to your students/partners interested in paid positions in
Lansing related to food access and security.
The Power of We Consortium AmeriCorps State Program is hiring 10 individuals to join our team from October 10,
2016-September 27, 2017! Members will receive training, a living allowance, an educational award at the completion of the service term,
and loan forbearance for qualified student loans.
Commonly known as the “Domestic Peace Corps,” AmeriCorps is a national service program that offers paid positions with significant professional
development opportunities to individuals of all ages looking to make a difference in our community. They spend their days face-to-face with community members and volunteers teaching
nutrition and gardening classes, facilitating food distributions, and managing & assisting with community gardens. The Power of We Consortium focuses on two goals to Ingham County Residents:
- Increase consumption of healthy foods and reduce food insecurity with gardening, food distribution and referrals.
- Teach community members the importance of eating healthy food strategies to adopt better diets.
The PWC AmeriCorps State Program is looking to fill 8 full-time and 3 half-time
positions placed in the community focusing on food security.
Full-time member benefits:
- 1,700 hours served, ~36/week
- Living stipend of $12,530 distributed bi-weekly
- Loan forbearance for qualified student loans
- Health, dental and eye insurance
- Childcare assistance if eligible
- Education award upon successful completion of $5,775
- Professional development training & support
- The opportunity to serve with a team of passionate leaders working towards food sovereignty
- Professional and personal growth
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume to be eligible for consideration to Andrea Villanueva, PWC AmeriCorps
Program Director at [log in to unmask] by
Friday August 19th at 5pm! To apply for more than one position,
candidates must indicate in their cover what positions they are applying for.
If you would like to access a searchable archive of the all the previous Mich-Organic listserv postings copy this URL and paste in your browser address field http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html