Hi Val,

This sounds really interesting, and to supplement it I'd like to bring your attention to a UK based charity called 'Geology for Global Development' or GfGD. They work on using geological knowledge and research to combat global poverty by encouraging western geologists to work in support of local people around the world (particularly in developing nations) to educate both parties in what can be done in the drive for global development. Their website is here: http://www.gfgd.org which explains much better than I can what they are about, but it might be an interesting thread to bring to the discussion? How to address such a complex problem?

Just a thought!
Thanks,
Hazel

Hazel Gibson
PhD Research Student in Geoscience Cognition and Communication

Rm 406 Fitzroy Building
Plymouth University
Drake Circus
Plymouth PL4 8AA