I have been using “Red Alert: Saving the Planet with Indigenous Knowledge” by Daniel Wildcat (Fulcrum Publishing).  A very good resource for discussing environment degradation and remediation.

I use literature/reading circles to foster class discussion.  The models on line are easily modified for use in the college classroom.  I like to assign roles to students (director, connector, investigator, vocab researcher, etc) and rotate those roles.  It promotes critical reading and encourages discussion.

Mike Phillips

Geology Professor

Illinois Valley Community College

815-224-0394