Hi all,
    I am posting this postdoc and research technician positions for Dr. Michaela TerAvest. If you are interested or have any questions, please direct your CV or questions directly to [log in to unmask]
    Below is a brief description. Please accept my apologies for those who are not interested.

POSTDOC POSITION
We are seeking a postdoctoral researcher for a Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center (GLBRC) funded project on conversion of cellulosic hydrolysates to ethanol. This project is centered on understanding the native metabolism of the bacterial ethanol producer Zymomonas mobilis. Our specific approach is to genetically modify its native metabolic pathways and observe how these modifications influence growth and ethanol production. Proficiency with genetic engineering of bacteria and fermentation analysis (batch and/or continuous) are critical skills for this project.

RESEARCH TECHNOLOGIST I
We are seeking a full-time technician to act as a lab manager and create gene deletions in electricity producing bacteria. Responsibilities will include ordering and managing supplies, organizing and maintaining research records (including sequencing results and physical samples), and designing and implementing gene deletions by standard molecular biology procedures. We are a young, dynamic lab and looking for someone who is excited to get involved with new bioenergy projects and contribute to a social and productive lab community. More detail and application information can be found at www.jobs.msu.edu <http://www.jobs.msu.edu/> under posting number 3893.

Detailed information could be found at http://teravestlab.weebly.com/join.html

The PI is easygoing and very talented. Very pleasant working atmosphere and great coworkers. If you are not available, it would be great to share this email to people you think might be interested.

Thanks!
Best,

ZL