You're Invited!  Lansing Roots Open House
View this email in your browser

You're Invited!
Lansing Roots Open House

Join Lansing Roots for Food, Fun and Tours!

Ever wonder what an incubator farm is? Curious how the Greater Lansing Food Bank supports local farmers? Come see us and find out!

The GLFB has been supporting home and community gardens for over thirty years through the Garden Project, and Lansing Roots serves as a complement by encouraging successful gardeners and interested entrepreneurs to develop farm enterprises.  The Roots Farm focuses on limited-resource and historically under-served populations; primarily refugee, immigrant, low-income, minority, and women. Farmers are provided land and infrastructure, farm resources, trainings, and a marketing collective that includes business planning and development and sales opportunities.

Join us in celebrating another bountiful year at the Lansing Roots Farm and Garden Community Open House! There will be guided tours, unique refreshments, and ample opportunity to talk with farmers from all over the world. Try food from Burma, Bhutan and others!

Saturday, August 20
Noon - 4:00pm
1084 S. Hagadorn Road, Mason 48854

For more information on Lansing Roots, including a map to the farm, visit our web page. We hope to see you there!

Download your copy of our summer newsletter here

"Anyone who wants to rule the world should try to rule a garden first."
- Anon

Copyright © 2016 The Garden Project of the Greater Lansing Food Bank, All rights reserved.
We send emails to keep you informed of opportunities, services, and events.

Our mailing address is:
The Garden Project of the Greater Lansing Food Bank
PO BOX 16224
Lansing, Michigan 48901

Add us to your address book

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list