Annual Community Garden Tour Coming Next Week!

Lansing Gardening Scene Sizzles
[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/9539010dd2b9c6e679453dd26/images/48e852e4-2351-462b-a102-5cad4df75a59.jpg]Wednesday, July 20  5:00 - 8:00

The Garden Project is one of the oldest community garden programs in the country and is proud to have accomplished a significant amount of work in the community in the last 33 years. Each year, it is celebrated with a variety of tours that showcase what's growing!

We welcome all to join us as we explore our local community gardens by bus, bike or foot - your choice! This is a great chance to explore the sights, sounds, and tastes of Lansing's gardening scene, while meeting the gardeners who make it happen. The tours will highlight the ways that gardens are improving health and nutrition, building community and creating a more vibrant Lansing.

The evening will begin at the GP Resource Center (2401 Marcus St) with a welcome reception at 5:00. Light food and refreshments will be served. Guided tours begin promptly at 6:00.

Bus Tour
Many thanks to Dean Trailways for their generous donation of the transportation!
Gardens: Hill Garden, North School<http://greaterlansingfoodbank.org/gardens/north-school-community-garden/>, Orchard Court<http://greaterlansingfoodbank.org/gardens/orchard-court-community-garden/>, St. Mike's<http://greaterlansingfoodbank.org/gardens/st-mikes-garden-project/>
The Hill Garden is a new space at the South Lansing Community Center site, serving primarily refugee populations. It has been developed in partnership with the South Lansing Community Development Association, Sodexo Magic and the Lansing School District. Reminder - to participate in the bus tour, you must RSVP to reserve your seat, as they are limited.

Bike Tour
Gardens: Village Summit<http://greaterlansingfoodbank.org/gardens/village-summit-gardens/>, Restoring Our Community (R.O.C.)<http://greaterlansingfoodbank.org/gardens/restoring-community-r-o-c-garden/>, Prospect Place<http://greaterlansingfoodbank.org/gardens/prospect-place-gardening-gathering-space/>, Armory<http://greaterlansingfoodbank.org/gardens/armory-garden/>
For those participating in the bike tour, the Lansing Bike Co-op<http://www.lansingbikecoop.org/> will be there to pump up your tires and grease your chains, helping make sure your ride is safe and smooth!

Walking Tour
Organized by the Ingham County Land Bank<http://www.inghamlandbank.org/>, this tour will visit a selection of community and private gardens, all within walking distance of the Resource Center.

We hope to see you there! RSVP to the Garden Project<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with which tour you plan to attend. A sliding scale donation of $1 - $20 is suggested. Be sure to check for updates on the Garden Tour Facebook event page<https://www.facebook.com/events/1793941797505476/>!

Majel Maes | office and administrative coordinator
mailing: p.o. box 16224 | lansing, mi 48901
office: 919 filley | lansing, mi 48906
warehouse: 2116 mint | lansing, mi 48906
p: 517.853.7804  f: 517.853.7817 | www.greaterlansingfoodbank.org<http://www.greaterlansingfoodbank.org/>
[GLFB_FA logo_2]
Serving Eaton, Ingham, Clinton, Shiawassee, Gratiot, Isabella & Clare counties.

 [FaceBook-icon] <http://www.facebook.com/#!/GreaterLansingFoodBank>   [Twitter-icon] <http://twitter.com/#!/GLFoodbank>    [You-Tube-icon] <http://www.youtube.com/user/GLFoodBank>

If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar
 http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html